PDA

View Full Version : Sold my E34 today...

Dan in NZ
12-19-2005, 10:24 PM
A guy was saving for a deposit on a house, but saw my car and bought it on impulse. All happened so fast it still hasn't hit me! Hopefully he will treat it well.

Next car? Who knows. Was considering buying a rough E32 with engine trouble, and fixing it up nice, but know these cars far too well and know it would just be a money pit.

Chris
12-20-2005, 01:11 AM
It probably won't hit you until you buy/drive another car. I found out that after buying a 560 SEC Mercedes, I started driving my E34 more:D

I have yet to find a better all round car.

Paul in NZ
12-20-2005, 01:34 AM
sheesh one thread three kiwis.....good on yer Dan.I hope things work for ya

wingman
12-20-2005, 02:08 AM
I bet he hasn't told his wife yet!!!

pundit
12-20-2005, 03:42 AM
A guy was saving for a deposit on a house, but saw my car and bought it on impulse. All happened so fast it still hasn't hit me! Hopefully he will treat it well....
Hmmm kind of reminds me of 'Jack and the Beanstalk'.
He didn't try and trade a cow for your E34 did he? :D
Has he paid for it in full or just left a deposit?
Well if worse comes to worse I suppose he can forgo the house idea and sleep in the E34! :)

...Next car? Who knows. Was considering buying a rough E32 with engine trouble, and fixing it up nice, but know these cars far too well and know it would just be a money pit.

It sounds like you've realised a dicky E32 is just another way to pour money into a hole. Don't worry Dan, the thought of a nice car is always tempting but frustrating when the funds really don't allow for it. Bide your time, even if you settle for a Toyota Corolla or Datsun 120Y (:D) for the short term. Just think of the money you'll be saving, and then when the time is right something will turn up when you can really afford it and you'll appreciate the difference! ;)

P.S. Just read your other post mentioning you have the $4.5k.
Now how about a 20 year old XJ12 Jag? I'm sure you could find one of those for under $4k that needs just a little TLC!

Nooooo!!! I'm just kidding!!!! Keep your cash and find a Corolla!!

Gayle
12-20-2005, 06:54 AM
I remember the money troubles you were having a while back and how the car repairs were killing you. I am happy for you that you sold your car so easily. When do you graduate? Are you moving to Australia? I think you should get another e34 and hang with us a while longer.

callen
12-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Bought a rough E32 with engine trouble and it has been a money pit...but I do like it alot and drive it more than my 535. I'm sure I'm just around the corner of getting the E32 dialed in.....oh hell surely something else will crop up. I always appreciate my E34 and E32 after spending time behind the wheel of rental or what ever. You'll come back.

Dan in NZ
12-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Spending time in my brothers 1992 Toyota station wagon. I feel like I've been neutered!

Wingman, no wife to tell! I'm only 21 geez.

Gayle, I finished university about a month ago, now I'm just living at home saving some $$$ for a move somewhere else in New Zealand for a job. Working 10 hour days as a waiter for $15/hr is getting tired pretty quick...

genphreak
12-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Spending time in my brothers 1992 Toyota station wagon. I feel like I've been neutered!

Wingman, no wife to tell! I'm only 21 geez.

Gayle, I finished university about a month ago, now I'm just living at home saving some $$$ for a move somewhere else in New Zealand for a job. Working 10 hour days as a waiter for $15/hr is getting tired pretty quick...No worries Dan, you did well I hope all things considered. Perhaps another is in your future, perhaps not. Next time, you'll be able to make the right decision. Right time, right place- that's the best way to buy a car, no matter what type. Ride a moped till then if you have to I say... :) Nick

Zeuk in Oz
12-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Whatever, make sure to keep us abreast of your adventures !

If not a BMW, we might make you our roving reporter giving in depth articles on the shortcomings of non - BMW cars !

Daring Dan the Daihatsu Driver ............... :D

Zeuk in Oz
12-20-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm just living at home saving some $$$ for a move somewhere else in New Zealand for a job.

Thank God for that ! Bondi's full ! :D