PDA

View Full Version : Back at home after surgery this am...

Jr ///M5
12-19-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm ambulatory, able to take nourishment, but sore as hell. This Christmas I treated myself to an umbillica hernia repair. Feels like someone gave me a tiddy twister in the navel.:) I'll be off work for the next 4 weeks and have enough Vicodin to make sure I won't remember any of the holidays. Can't lift anything over 10-15 pounds, but in a few days, should be able to putz around in the 318iS.

Speaking of putzing around, what would you do with your time? There is a little I could do in the garage, maybe re-organize the storage cabinet? I'll be on the board a little more than usual, so please excuse any Vicodin induced responses.;)

Happy Holidays to all of you!

Jr

krzysiom5
12-19-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm ambulatory, able to take nourishment, but sore as hell. This Christmas I treated myself to an umbillica hernia repair. Feels like someone gave me a tiddy twister in the navel.:) I'll be off work for the next 4 weeks and have enough Vicodin to make sure I won't remember any of the holidays. Can't lift anything over 10-15 pounds, but in a few days, should be able to putz around in the 318iS.

Speaking of putzing around, what would you do with your time? There is a little I could do in the garage, maybe re-organize the storage cabinet? I'll be on the board a little more than usual, so please excuse any Vicodin induced responses.;)

Jr

Get well,
Happy Holidays to you too,

Kris,

zmuff
12-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Wow, this must be the season for surgery. I've heard hernias hurt like hell. Best wishes for a speedy recovery JR. I just got the 19 staples in my stomach taken out...want to trade some Vicodin for some Combunox? LOL!

Jr ///M5
12-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Kris! Just the person I wanted to talk to. How's the car deal coming? You can PM if you want to. Just hope everything works out for you the way you want it.

Jr

Scott H
12-19-2005, 02:08 PM
on the 535iT 5-spd project? A lot of things need to go back on the engine once the head is back on........ :D

Can't lift anything over 10-15 pounds, but in a few days, should be able to putz around in the 318iS.

Jr

Jr ///M5
12-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Wow, this must be the season for surgery. I've heard hernias hurt like hell. Best wishes for a speedy recovery JR. I just got the 19 staples in my stomach taken out...want to trade some Vicodin for some Combunox? LOL!

Hope you're recovering nicely....they superglued me back together. How you feeling now? Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Jr

dacoyote
12-19-2005, 02:23 PM

Jr

Welcome Home

Bill R.
12-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Doesn't sound like my idea of a fun xmas present..

Jr

mattyb
12-19-2005, 03:48 PM
hey mate, good to see ur back. get well soon eh. archiving could be a worthwhile pursuit while youve got some downtime. Ive not been able to attend my archiving duties at all since we began so u can have mine if ur looking for something to do - interior/body

Jr ///M5
12-19-2005, 04:35 PM
hey mate, good to see ur back. get well soon eh. archiving could be a worthwhile pursuit while youve got some downtime. Ive not been able to attend my archiving duties at all since we began so u can have mine if ur looking for something to do - interior/body

My computer is on it's last leg. Kind of like a car that you hate to part with....I think Santa is bringing a new one. This one will be handed down to the twins to further destroy what's left of it's now limited capabilities. I could screw up your archives in a split second, not meaning to either!

Thanks for thinking of me though, it's good to have such a board family.

I remember talking to Quentin and Geoff downunder and they have BBQ's on Christmas, wearing shorts and having drinks with little umbrellas in them! How different it is than how we celebrate the holidays. Sure does sound good...

Happy holidays my friend,
Jr

Jr ///M5
12-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Doesn't sound like my idea of a fun xmas present..

from my sister in Phoenix, to fly out and spend a week in the warm sunshine to recoop. And there was this certain 525 I wanted to check out in Phoenix...and a very good friend I wanted to see in Tucson!

We'll see...;)

Bimmer Nut Ed
12-19-2005, 05:06 PM
JR. Please enjoy a speedy recovery and have a safe and happy holiday season. Enjoy the time with the kids.

Jr ///M5
12-19-2005, 05:21 PM
JR. Please enjoy a speedy recovery and have a safe and happy holiday season. Enjoy the time with the kids.

I've got quite some time off from work. The kids will be off on Christmas vacation at the same time. But I am planning a trip up to look over Scott's shoulder when he's doing the 535 engine. I owe you a beer or two, so plan on getting together sometime soon. There's this '92 535 in Glenview I've got my eye on.....:D

Merry Christmas to you and Sharon and of course the children!

Jr

Gayle
12-19-2005, 05:55 PM
from my sister in Phoenix, to fly out and spend a week in the warm sunshine to recoop. And there was this certain 525 I wanted to check out in Phoenix...and a very good friend I wanted to see in Tucson!

We'll see...;)

This sounds like the best idea so far. A while back when I was off work for a month for health reasons, hubby and I took a short vacation to Yosemite one week and a short vacation to Big Sur the next week. It was excellant. I really hated to go back to work.

But driving vacations in January in the snow belt don't sound so great, so I vote for Phoenix and Tucson. Maybe you could fit in a little drive up to Sedonia--one of my favorite destinations. And we wear shorts and eat outside at Christmas in San Diego. Hey Bill R, you guys do that in Arizona?

Don McAdams
12-19-2005, 06:32 PM
No Bowling tournaments please for the next month or two Jr. :D

Speedy recovery & have a Happy Holidays Jr-

willobmw
12-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Good luck on a speedy recovery and Happy Holidays.

Jr ///M5
12-19-2005, 07:50 PM
This sounds like the best idea so far. A while back when I was off work for a month for health reasons, hubby and I took a short vacation to Yosemite one week and a short vacation to Big Sur the next week. It was excellant. I really hated to go back to work.

But driving vacations in January in the snow belt don't sound so great, so I vote for Phoenix and Tucson. Maybe you could fit in a little drive up to Sedonia--one of my favorite destinations. And we wear shorts and eat outside at Christmas in San Diego. Hey Bill R, you guys do that in Arizona?

I've spent a lot of time in Arizona in my younger years. Used to hang out around Sedona, lovely town, especially before the big boom and commercialization of the area. Learned to Scuba in Oak Creek Canyon. I loved riding the switchbacks down from Flagstaff to Sedona on the motorcycle. The highway from Phoenix to Cottonwood is nice too, with some great scenery. My oldest daughter is in Cottonwood and is finishing her Nursing Degree. Good kid, she's looking for a nice BMW to reward herself. She has worked hard and deserves it. So I've been keeping my eye out for a nice '95 525.

Have a good holiday Gayle, no matter what you're wearing;)

Jr ///M5
12-19-2005, 07:54 PM
No Bowling tournaments please for the next month or two Jr. :D

Speedy recovery & have a Happy Holidays Jr-

Are my nads....:D

Thanks for the well wishes Don, now that the weather is nice again in FLA. I could come down and show all the girls on the beach the scar below my 6 pak...:p

Jr ///M5
12-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Good luck on a speedy recovery and Happy Holidays.

Happy Holidays to you and yours too!

Jr

Kakaire
12-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Wishing you a steady recovery and nice holidays too.

Jr ///M5
12-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Thank you Kakaire, may your Holidays be filled with Joy.

By the way, I looked at your public profile and love the color of your 525. You should post a picture of it on the Virtual Car Show. I don't think there are too many dark Gray colored cars in the show.

Jr

Jon K
12-19-2005, 08:43 PM
good luck on a successful recovery jr

edit: know what I just realized? We have the same name!

ahaha... I am Jonathan Randall Kensy, my mom would call me JR.... how freaky is that. Why didn't I realize this SO long ago.

Jr ///M5
12-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Thanks Johnathan Randall Kensy....you're mom still rocks!

krzysiom5
12-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Jr, pm sent!

SharkmanBMW
12-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Enjoy your time off, it doesn't happen often you get that much time with the family!
Chillax and don't lift anything but your vicodin and something to wash it down!

get well soon and happy holidays!

ps. I could trade you some vicodin for my oxycontin, percoset and demerol...
my surgery was a year ago and i don't need them anymore!

Jr ///M5
12-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Enjoy your time off, it doesn't happen often you get that much time with the family!
Chillax and don't lift anything but your vicodin and something to wash it down!

get well soon and happy holidays!

ps. I could trade you some vicodin for my oxycontin, percoset and demerol...
my surgery was a year ago and i don't need them anymore!

Thanks Chris for the well wishes, I know my surgery pales in comparison to what you went through. It's good to hear that you don't need your meds anymore. I remember it was a tough time for you, and the board showed it's compassion back then, just as it does now. It's like an extended family of sorts.

The toughest part is not being able to do anything, and there's so much I'd love to be doing right now.

Happy Holidays to you this season, hope Santa is good to you!

Jr

BobHarris
12-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery, so that you can realy enjoy your time off.

All the best

Bob

Torque
12-21-2005, 04:19 PM
I hope you have a speedy recovery. Enjoy your holidays and time with kids.

Emir

uscharalph
12-21-2005, 05:32 PM
on the 535iT 5-spd project? A lot of things need to go back on the engine once the head is back on........ :D
Take it easy and get well soon!

TC535i
12-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Jeez... good luck with all that. I was out 2 weeks ago with shingles in my facial nerve (I just turned 25, or "a quarter century" as my girlfriend puts it... I think she jinxed me!) Still feeling the pain from that, and they said the nerve damage might never heal, I may have headaches for the rest of my life.

Wonderful. They gave me codiene/vicodin/percocet, but those things just make me nauseous. Lame.

BTW, it was 84 here in LA today. :) Might BBQ on Christmas just like our buddies down under. :)

Jr ///M5
12-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Tim, women will give you headaches for the rest of your life, the facial nerve is just a by product of it. (don't take this personal Kimmy =)

Yeah, the drugs just make you stupid, now I'm sore and stupid. The only thing that's changed is the sore part.

Have a happy holiday Tim and Kim, I can just imagine you in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, B-B-Qing and having drinks with little umbrellas in them!

PS, Congratulations on reviving the 5er. That was a good idea on Kim's part. Now, where were we before you started modding the 318?

Jr

TC535i
12-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Tim, women will give you headaches for the rest of your life, the facial nerve is just a by product of it. (don't take this personal Kimmy =)

Yeah, the drugs just make you stupid, now I'm sore and stupid. The only thing that's changed is the sore part.

Have a happy holiday Tim and Kim, I can just imagine you in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, B-B-Qing and having drinks with little umbrellas in them!

PS, Congratulations on reviving the 5er. That was a good idea on Kim's part. Now, where were we before you started modding the 318?

Jr

Man, I thought this board knew me better than umbrella drinks... I'm a beer guy! :) I must have been gone too long...!

What do you mean about before the 318? I had another 2nd car, an E30 325es 5-spd that was a blast, but it blew a head gasket and crapped out on me at about 250k. Sold it to a buddy for $500, and bought a '99 Kia Sephia 5-spd from my buddy's dad's tow yard (lien sale) for $1200. Beat that thing around with a junkyard intake and 6000k Phillips HIDs (got a few second glances in that thing!) for 9 months, sold it for $1500. Stepped up and bought the 318 for $2600, and been playing with my new toy ever since! Haven't even owned it 6 months yet, and already I've done:

maintenance stuff (new pads/rotors, fuel filter, plugs, wires, wipers, etc)
clears all around with Phillips silver bulbs (flash amber)
euro headlights with CCFL angel eyes and 6000k HID
fog lights (318's didn't come with them)
factory cupholder
Blaupunkt MP3 head unit, still have component speakers and a sub/amp just sitting in my garage
Lit ///M shift knob
carbon-fiber Gruppe M intake
Eibach Sportline shocks/springs and Eibach sway bars, new strut bearings and rear shock mounts
16" Z3 5-spokes with Toyo T1-S tires
16" Z3 basketweaves with Toyo RA-1 r-compound tires for track days/autocrosses
still have an X-brace and M3 offset control arm bushings lying around the house
supercharger going on this next week

I just can't leave well enough alone... but you guys should know that by now. :)