PDA

View Full Version : e34 m5 EDC suspension...good or hype?

YaoNYC
12-18-2005, 09:30 AM
hello..
is this suspension really leagues better?
also, how much more is it to maintain?

thanks!

winfred
12-18-2005, 09:37 AM
edc is a neat toy but when it dies the dealer price on parts can over shoot the cars value, it's uncommon and thusly hard to come by a good deal on new units

YaoNYC
12-18-2005, 09:55 AM
edc is a neat toy but when it dies the dealer price on parts can over shoot the cars value, it's uncommon and thusly hard to come by a good deal on new units

hi winfred,

thats what i been finding out. in a way, i wonder if it hurts or raises the value of the car. i found a few people who just swapped it out with regular shocks/sport springs and called it a day.

thanks!

Scott H
12-18-2005, 10:45 AM
When it comes to adding value to the car. It's near impossible to top it as far as adjustable suspensions go. If you want to get the last bit of performance out of your car or the EDC is going kaput, the most cost effective option is to eliminate it.

Much easier to get rid of LAD rear than it is to get rid of EDC on all four corners.

hi winfred,

thats what i been finding out. in a way, i wonder if it hurts or raises the value of the car. i found a few people who just swapped it out with regular shocks/sport springs and called it a day.

thanks!