PDA

View Full Version : Winfred or Bill: Hall sensor for tach signal or AC?

Jon K
12-18-2005, 02:54 AM
Next you need to make a decision. There are two input circuits for the tach signal. One takes the square wave input from a hall sensor, optical sensor, or points. The other circuit takes the AC signal from a variable reluctor sensor and converts it to a square wave for use by MegaSquirt. In most cases, you should install both circuits, and make the selection between them with jumpers. However, if you do not want to install the Hall/optical/points circuit, skip ahead to step #51.

So on an M50, '91 non vanos, what should I do?

winfred
12-18-2005, 07:10 AM
i've not done one yet so i am not sure whats a good idea, i wonder if you could run it off the cam sensor and calibrate it to double the reading as the cams run half the speed of the crank

Jon K
12-18-2005, 08:09 AM
i've not done one yet so i am not sure whats a good idea, i wonder if you could run it off the cam sensor and calibrate it to double the reading as the cams run half the speed of the crank

I don't think so, but maybe.

They keep talking about a "60 - 2 wheel" i have no idea wtf this is.... where is there a 60-2 wheel on my car...

winfred
12-18-2005, 09:28 AM
if i had to guess id say its talking about a 60 tooth tone ring with 2 missing teeth, sorta like the ballencer you allready have, not sure how many teeth it has

I don't think so, but maybe.

They keep talking about a "60 - 2 wheel" i have no idea wtf this is.... where is there a 60-2 wheel on my car...