PDA

View Full Version : Which Performance Chip is best?

Keith Friend
12-17-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm thinking about getting a peformance chip for my '91 535i. I know there are many flavors and I was wondering what other people think. I've heard of EAT and Dinan. What others are there and which one is best?

Thanks,

Keith

AllGo'n'Show
12-17-2005, 06:13 PM
EAT is a local favorite on the boards :)

I have a TMS chip under the tree so I will let you know come a week or so after Chirstmas, whenever the snow disappears around here again how I like the TMS chip, I will be able to tell u idle and normal drivability right away.

Tunerworks, my local Euro parts place which I will not being going to for customer service reasons anymore claimed it was the best chip on the market when I bought it. That was before I knew about EAT.

Chowchilla Skunkwerks
12-17-2005, 06:46 PM
I've got a Conforti chip in my 535im. Previous owner had installed along with a tri-flow,K+N set-up. Really like the almost instantanious response in any gear. Smooth at rest. 2nd gear to 6800 in no time. Even passed smog in CA.
I think TMS chip is a JC chip isn't it?
Rob

willobmw
12-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Thats correct Rob. I had both. I sold the JC and got the E.A.T. Real close in comparison. Both will smooth things down and leave the unsuspecting in it's wake.
For the money and Mark's contribution to this board it is dinner time.
Willobmw