PDA

View Full Version : OZ M5 parting out

wingman
12-17-2005, 05:46 AM
ASV are parting out an M5. Might be some good bits here Oz owners! For the unitiated I have dealt with these guys a number of times and find them reallly good. They're based in Sydney.

http://www.asv.com.au/cars/dism/BMW/B5196-2.jpg

myles
12-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Thats not a real M5. I think it is a 525 with a M5 badge.

Do not EVER deal with ASV. They will take your money and never send the parts to you. They are the worst Euro supplier in Australia.

genphreak
12-17-2005, 03:39 PM
ASV are parting out an M5. Might be some good bits here Oz owners! For the unitiated I have dealt with these guys a number of times and find them reallly good. They're based in Sydney.

http://www.asv.com.au/cars/dism/BMW/B5196-2.jpgHey wingman, good find. Are you sure its an M5? It sits fairly high.

I prefer SydneyWide European personally, last time I was at ASV (was after a replacement shock) they tried to palm me a Touring Class Bilstein instead of a Sport and when that failed tried to give me a pair of original BOGEs (and I mean original- probably 15 years old) off some 535 they had out the back.

In the end I bought new, air-mailed from the US for $50 more than the Boges they were offering... LOL

They helped me out once when I needed a manifold at a reasonable price. They have horrible management but they are not last on my local list. I wish ASV were not a necessary evil when owning an old Bimmer in Sydney... but they are due to the stock they keep!

mattyb
12-17-2005, 09:28 PM
any idea what engine is in it?

pundit
12-17-2005, 11:04 PM
any idea what engine is in it?
A 518 bog standard 1.8 litre 4 cylinder... with "BMW M POWER" on the cam cover. ;)

BigKriss
12-18-2005, 03:01 AM
A 518 bog standard 1.8 litre 4 cylinder... with "BMW M POWER" on the cam cover. ;)

Pundit, your always joking around!

DCR
12-18-2005, 03:04 AM
It is an M5 but most of it has been sold. There is one at Penisula BM in Victoria for $7500 or $5500 for the running gear.

pundit
12-18-2005, 03:13 AM
It is an M5 but most of it has been sold. There is one at Penisula BM in Victoria for $7500 or $5500 for the running gear.
Penisula BM?
Er.. is that some kind of gay sex shop? :D
I don't want to even think what the 'BM' stands for!

Maybe you meant Peninsula BM (http://www.peninsulabm.com/wwr1home.html) ;)

mattyb
12-18-2005, 04:19 PM
lol

myles
12-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Funny, ASV say that it is a "BMW M5 E34 AUTO". Auto M5?

Those guys wouldn't know their arse from their elbow.

BigKriss
12-18-2005, 05:16 PM
I noticed you don't like them all Myles. I have never used but rang up for some part prices. There are a lot of cheaper and better suppliers around.

romus
12-18-2005, 07:55 PM
You guys ever tried Euro Car Parts? They're not dealing with public anymore apparently, but they still do with me because I've got good record with them. They deliver to your home and apparently people don't wanna pay once or find some faults once it's delivered so they only deal with companies now.

Umm, Parramatta Prestige? haha WORST I've been to. They do have decent range of parts but they definitelly charge in blood and kidneys (never mind dollars) and their management is crap. They fail to call you when your part arrives, or tell you it arrived and then once ure there the next day, someone else sold it to someone else, etc. Terrible.

wingman
12-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Nice to see a variety of replies here. I used to deal with ASV regularly with the E12 and couldn't fault them. The $50 radiator was still in the car when I sold it 7 years later!!! Nice also to see that I'm not the only cynic in the world lol.

genphreak
12-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Nice to see a variety of replies here. I used to deal with ASV regularly with the E12 and couldn't fault them. The $50 radiator was still in the car when I sold it 7 years later!!! Nice also to see that I'm not the only cynic in the world lol.Euro Car Parts? Can't say they ring a bell. Yes, ASV are good when they are reasonable (... only happened once with me:( ) PP are a bunch of loons, I think it'd be a preferrable customer experince to go steal your own rather than pay them to do it for you... :D (joking)

DCR
12-19-2005, 12:01 AM
ASV used be known as Eurocarparts.

ASV are hopeless. I rang up loking for a coding plug form their M5. He rang me back 2 hours later telling me "There is no codong plug in the back of the cluster" to which I informed him I knew that and that it was in the wiring loom connector. He replied "Theres not one there either" He obviously couldnt give a ****.

romus
12-19-2005, 12:24 PM
If you want i'll give you their address. They're in Villawood. They tried to sell me wrong distributor cap once but otherwise they are fairly straight.

Where are ASV located?

myles
12-19-2005, 01:14 PM
I think ASV are in Villawood. At least all the transactions on my credit card show as ASV Villawood.

Their Brisbane branch has ASV and Eurocarparts written on the signs out the front.

wingman
12-19-2005, 01:57 PM
As I get older I'm tending to voice my complaints with management in these types of situations. Get up them brother! They don't realise that by p&ssing off one person they will now get no business from all the E34 drivers on this site.

myles
12-19-2005, 02:52 PM
The problem was with management. ASV (Aaron,Sam,Vic).
I delt with Aaron for 6 months trying to get 2 parts which he said they had in stock. They took my money at the beginning and sent 1 part which was wrong. I sent them photos, they took their own photos, I gave them part numbers and full descriptions, they could not get it right. I called them probably 20 times only to get shafted every time, they didn't contact me once.
After about 5 months they sent another part, which I went to collect from the Brisbane office. It was wrong too. Vic happened to be there at the time and he appeared to be more helpful, but he turned out to be just as bad as Aaron. I never heard from him either. I ended up going to the Brisbane office and demanding a refund. One of the guys there agreed that it was ridiculous and gave me a cash refund. Those fellows running that place are a disgrace.
If I am ever forced to deal with ASV again, I will not part with a cent until I have the correct part in my hands. And I will not ever deal with the idiots running the business.

My 2cents.

GJPinAU
12-19-2005, 03:56 PM
EVERYTIME I've dealt with them it has been in-person, even when they were in Brookvale.
It seems to be the only way to get the right part from them.

Phil and I were there yesterday to get a seat for the E30. The only way to make sure it was what I wanted was to see the part on the wreck which they are quite happy to do for you.

AND after all the Cronulla probs it was very uncomfortable being the only wasps there. Lucky we're old blokes.

romus
12-19-2005, 05:13 PM
oh thats them then :) woodville road?

romus
12-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Oh brother i feel like that every time i'm there - very uncomfortable.

rob101
12-19-2005, 07:01 PM
hmmm, the only Parts place i know in Brisbane/gold coast area i know of is ASV and now you have dissuaded me from going to them for parts. I was wondering what are some good places to get parts etc. (apart from BMW stealer of course) in the brisbane gold coast area?

GJPinAU
12-19-2005, 08:05 PM
hmmm, the only Parts place i know in Brisbane/gold coast area i know of is ASV and now you have dissuaded me from going to them for parts. I was wondering what are some good places to get parts etc. (apart from BMW stealer of course) in the brisbane gold coast area?
When I've been there on hols (every January) I've gone to BMWarehouse Ph 07 5529 3400 or to Nerang Euro Parts 07 5596 0655. Usually found what I need and some I didn't;)
cheers,
Greg

rob101
12-19-2005, 08:21 PM
yeah i heard good things about that place in nerang, it was from a workplace health and safety guy who told me too he said he always took his bimmer's there and when they did an audit of that place it was a well run workshop too, not too mention its just down the road from a mate's house around there.
thanks for that i am thinking of rebuilding the 528's engine but i might just drop a m30b35 into it in :D

When I've been there on hols (every January) I've gone to BMWarehouse Ph 07 5529 3400 or to Nerang Euro Parts 07 5596 0655. Usually found what I need and some I didn't;)
cheers,
Greg

DCR
12-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Dean at Peninsula BM in Victoria is always helpful and postage to Brisbane is never a problem.