PDA

View Full Version : Rear Speakers

Larry Looney
12-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Ok folks, what is the best way to remove rear speakers on a 95/525i? My right rear I think is cracked. I've read the threads but nothing says how to remove. I don't to tair up my rear deck.

Homegrown
12-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Ok folks, what is the best way to remove rear speakers on a 95/525i? My right rear I think is cracked. I've read the threads but nothing says how to remove. I don't to tair up my rear deck.

This reply is kinda late, but....
I have the Bentley manual and it shows a think screw driver prying (gently) the grille up from the middle of the inside of the cover. However, the trick is getting all of the screws out of the actual speaker itself. You'll need bright light and a lot of patience. Careful in replacing it with something other than the same spec speaker. I read it may cause problems with the system.

Incantation
12-16-2005, 07:36 PM
i have my original rears if u want em *edit i have the subwoofer but the tweets are toast

to get at the speaker is easy.. flat head screwdriver.. pry off the top cover and you should easily be able to get at the speakers with a short phillips screwdriver

Larry Looney
12-19-2005, 08:16 AM
Thanks guys, I'll try it as soon as I get over the crud. yukyuk & yuk