PDA

View Full Version : Clutch slip only when car is cold?

Jon K
12-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Was at about 3500 - 3800 rpm in 3rd, floored it, and revs went up faster than usual with no kick in the pants. Later tested it in 2nd. Same thing.

Parked the car after it was full warm, went deposited check, came out and drove home, not slipping to my knowledge. Is this common?

Martin in Bellevue
12-15-2005, 10:58 AM
That has happened with the supacharged m3. A beefy clutch & flywheel are in the winter project plans.
The few times I've driven it in the cold, the clutch has held well, maybe because the trips are short & the tires avs sports are useless in the cold.

Martin in Bellevue
12-15-2005, 11:54 AM
I'd love to see a dyno sheet on that thing.

Have you installed a wideband O2 setup yet? I've been using the Innovate LC1 with good tuning results in the 535. Even the stock afm provides less than ideal afr's.

Are you tuning with a signal conversion box, like the split second psc stuff, or maybe going with a tec3 standalone engine management? It wouldn't help much to know the thing is very lean or rich & not be able to correct to (richer than) stoich.

I've been looking at alcohol injection for the supacharged m3. The vortech seems to heat soak on warmer days. There isn't much room for a intercooler on the m3.

bahnstormer
12-15-2005, 02:23 PM
jon's building a MS kit for standalone fuel management

Jon K
12-15-2005, 03:34 PM
I'd love to see a dyno sheet on that thing.

Have you installed a wideband O2 setup yet? I've been using the Innovate LC1 with good tuning results in the 535. Even the stock afm provides less than ideal afr's.

Are you tuning with a signal conversion box, like the split second psc stuff, or maybe going with a tec3 standalone engine management? It wouldn't help much to know the thing is very lean or rich & not be able to correct to (richer than) stoich.

I've been looking at alcohol injection for the supacharged m3. The vortech seems to heat soak on warmer days. There isn't much room for a intercooler on the m3.

Martin ive been meaning to contact you about it. Doing the LC-1 also, its at home waiting for me. I am also doing Megasquirt standalone ECU.