PDA

View Full Version : Push Button Start-Attn: Dacoyote

Luftpost
12-15-2005, 06:01 AM
Did not want to continue this thread on Bimmer Nuts Emergency post since it is a bit off his tangent/direction.......

I was sifting through the archives earlier to get some details on your push button start. I am having a real problem locating the steering lock cam,
http://webpages.charter.net/saschaott/Steering%20Cam%20Lock%20Smaller.JPG

and would be all for ditching it all together. Others have sent me photos of their steering lock mechanism, however mine seems different. I believe yours is a 95 525i as well. If you still have your cam, I would be happy to compensate you for it.

Did you remove the steering lock? I would be very interested in learning how you did this conversion with the EWS, wiring, etc.

Push button start is how I start my other vehicle (see signature photo below).

dacoyote
12-15-2005, 06:33 AM
Yeah, I have a 95 525i. To get the car working I had to remove the transmission lock and the steering wheel lock, in short... she has to be flatbeded when towed, and anywould could pop the tranny in netual and push it. The EWS system still works, the key has to be in the ring when the car starts, then it has to be taken out. I am starting to look at ways to get the pushing in of the key to start the car.

Wiring wasn't all that hard compared to taking the steering lock outa the car. When I pull it apart to look for that piece and I will take some pictures of the setup.

BimmerDood has seen it and it wasn't the worst thing ever looking wise.

Charles