PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure what to title this thread

granit_silber
12-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Hello All,

I had something strange happen to me today while braking and stopping for a stoplight.
I was leaving the local mall and coming to a traffic light to turn left. I took my foot off the gas and applied the brake. I realized that the car was running a little rough, but that's normal. As I slowed, the car surged forward a few times and as it came to a stop the rear end squated down. Like when you standing still, in gear, and have the brake on and then goose the gas. It did three little squats and then started running smoothly again. This little surge/squat has happened several times since I owned the car, but never this pronounced. (BTW I had my foot completly off the gas)

Any ideas?

-ashley

632 Regal
12-14-2005, 06:59 PM
yes, make sure the cables to the throttle and cruise are loose and lubed, something could have ggot tankled in with it, also chech the gas peddle for interference, lube as required...

Good luck!

granit_silber
12-14-2005, 07:04 PM
yes, make sure the cables to the throttle and cruise are loose and lubed, something could have ggot tankled in with it, also chech the gas peddle for interference, lube as required...

Good luck!
Thanks Jeff!
I'll check them tomorrow!
Do you reckon that the o2 sensor could also be suspect? I did notice that the engine has run rougher since I changed the coolant.
-ashley

632 Regal
12-14-2005, 07:10 PM
you used the cool blue like was in there right?

why dont you do a reboot to keep things in prospective, I know I preach this a lot but sometimes it IS a magical cure.

granit_silber
12-14-2005, 07:19 PM
you used the cool blue like was in there right?

why dont you do a reboot to keep things in prospective, I know I preach this a lot but sometimes it IS a magical cure.
Heck yes I did!
I forgot about the computer. Will do.
-ashley