PDA

View Full Version : getting rear ended twice...............

tim s
12-14-2005, 04:16 PM
once in the car & once in my bank account.
2 weeks ago a women hit my 540i/a & damaged my rear bumber.
after 1 1/2 weeks & calling several times her insurance company came & looked at my car. he gave me an estimate to repair the damage & an existing crack in the bottom not even near her damage. then they subtract the amount to fix the existing damage with leaves me with $185.00 to fix a crack right above the impact strip. i told the adjuster it was not acceptable & he refused to change it. my normal body shop told me a repaired bumber is never the same & they should replace the whole thing for around $800.00, but i should talk to my insurance company. my insurance company told me it would cost $326.00 to fix her damage without even touching the existing crack, but they could not help since it does not excede my $500.00 eductable.
i talked to a friend of my that is a lawyer. he is going to send them a letter, but he does not think it will help that much.
what else really sucks is the car had a clean carfax report before the wreck.
after its all settled i can release who the xxx-hole insurance company is.
thanks for letting me vent.
PS. they did re-imburse me for the 2 car seats.
tim s.

Traian
12-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Ahh, that sucks mate, I think the best you can get out of them in this case is maybe convince them a new bumper's necessary, in which case you'd still have to fork over 500 out of your pocket. Don't sweat the carfax, you can always sweet talk that away when it's time to sell the car.

tim s
12-14-2005, 08:27 PM
thanks
tim s.

632 Regal
12-14-2005, 08:31 PM
theer are a lot of experienced people out here, let this thread run its course and bump it every couple days till the right people see it. Help and advice is here when you neet it dude!

dacoyote
12-14-2005, 08:31 PM
thanks
tim s.

Insurance companies are a bunch of donkeys....

dacoyote
12-14-2005, 08:32 PM
theer are a lot of experienced people out here, let this thread run its course and bump it every couple days till the right people see it. Help and advice is here when you neet it dude!

Yeah... someone will find it that can help..... what company do you have?

tim s
12-14-2005, 08:50 PM
he said if the person that hit me was their client, they would not hesitate in replacing the bumper.
my insurance company's adjuster was much more reasonable to talk with & he gave me advice on how to deal with the other company, but he said i am at the mercy of the other company.
i should have asked the xxx-hole adjuster how he can live with himself after doing this to people all day.
a local body shop told me this ins. company does not have any type of handbook for them & when they have training sem. they provide no paper work of any kind. he said they tend to make things up as they go.
it is amazing how these people stay in business.
tim s.

dacoyote
12-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Yeah.. out here in the Mid East there is a **** load of fly by night insurance companies...

Zeuk in Oz
12-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Tim,

Just a couple of questions to clarify my thoughts.

Why is insurance involved ? Do not insurance companies in your country have excesses and no claim bonuses ?

I would have thought, given the apparent degree of damage, that the other driver would have just said to you - get it fixed and send me the bill.

Or am I missing something ?

DaCan23
12-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Take the person to small claims court

632 Regal
12-15-2005, 10:36 AM
here in Michigan it's a no fault state which means your own insurance covers damage on your own car unless you take the other person to court for damamges which doesnt amount to squat... pay your way and be done.

tim s
12-15-2005, 04:20 PM
he does not think it will help & sueing an insurance company over a small amount will cost more to do than what they owe.
thanks
tim s.