PDA

View Full Version : M style mirrors on an E34?

hakwuzhere
12-12-2005, 11:48 PM
So, I keep thinking about getting some of the M style mirrors for my E34, Im pretty torn on what I want to do... I just think the boxy mirrors on the E34 detract from the cars overall look. My goal is a clean looking car, nothing crazy... but something that its a bit hard to tell its not stock (course, other mods have to get it not to stock :p)

Alexlind123
12-13-2005, 08:10 AM
imo, badges are the only thing that i would vote no on in this situation. No one is going to see the mirrors and think "ooh, thats an m5", anyone who would know that they are "M" mirrors would know that your car isnt an "M." I think M mods are great, except for badges. I saw an e36 318i"///M" yesterday, it saddened me. I suppose the e36 crowd might not have the same sense of taste that us e34's do :)

hakwuzhere
12-13-2005, 08:31 AM
Yea, Im not going to debadge the car or anything to try and "fool" people into the fact that its an M... I do however think a sleeker mirror on the side of the car would improve the look.

ericcamaro
12-13-2005, 12:49 PM
I have an M5 badge on mine but it is there to cover up the mess from my debadging experience, The regular 525i wasnt big enough to hide the damage but the M5 covered it nicely and now I dont have to look at the unsightly outline of the 52 of my 525i emblum that for some reason took off the clear coat on its way off.

NH004
12-13-2005, 11:14 PM
So, I keep thinking about getting some of the M style mirrors for my E34, Im pretty torn on what I want to do... I just think the boxy mirrors on the E34 detract from the cars overall look. My goal is a clean looking car, nothing crazy... but something that its a bit hard to tell its not stock (course, other mods have to get it not to stock :p)

I say get em`..
:)
I have them on my car..
I think they look great on ALL E34 models..
Keep in mind that your field of view will be smaller
with the M style mirrors..
This whole thing about people being "posers" is so lame..
Put a friggn` Ferrari badge on it if you want..:D

emw525E34
12-14-2005, 01:10 AM
You said it!. The owner has his reasons or no reason at all. The fact that somebody goes about doing it means he/she likes it. So leave it at that.

If somebody offered to put a badge on your car, thats a different story.

Incantation
12-14-2005, 03:43 AM
the 525i badge covers a bigger area than the m5

525SEI BRIT
12-14-2005, 04:18 PM

My chose would be to get the M5 mirrors from the E39, gorgeous! And what a folding action! More subtle and understated than the M3, but more modern than stock.

Just my opinion but the M3 mirrors are far to common now especially when seen fitted to Peugeots an Vauxhalls!

(Just make shore whatever your decision don’t skrimp, and go for the heated/tinted/electric adjust/fold versions. Otherwise what’s the point?!)

zuzuk212
12-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Keep in mind that your field of view will be smaller
with the M style mirrors..

My field is larger now than before ... that was the main reason I changed ... also, they look better than the old ones. The original M styles probably have a smaller field but the ones I got are different, and I like them.

Ken

hakwuzhere
12-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Zuzuk, got a link to your mirrors?

525SEI BRIT, any idea where I can get M5 E39 mirrors with the E34 fitplate?... I agree, a very understated mirror, but damn good looking.

zuzuk212
12-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Yep ... here is they ebay member I got mine, kensu903:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-92-96-E34-M5-MOTORSPORTS-POWER-MIRROR-OEM-CONNECTOR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQitemZ45 89568076QQtcZphoto
They are THM and I believe the model # is TH-821-01A

Ken

BMWDriver
12-16-2005, 05:30 PM
I gather these don't fold. They look nice. I'm also interested in them. It would actually be cheaper than just replacing my current mirror plates which are browned because of the heating element.