PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable sway bar link group buy

rs4pro3
12-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone I'm putting together a group buy right now for Adjustable front sway bar links for the E28, e24, and E34 series cars. I have 4 more sets left to be sold, and a few E34 guys have already purchased sets so thought I'd post the link up here also.
http://www.mye28.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?session=xqCWXA1aMHAclRVUSbhyCE4j0f&forum=4&thread=9370

632 Regal
12-11-2005, 04:09 PM
I can make this for like $30.00, I guess if I was real lazy id buy them. I dont like the fact that there are no boots to keep the dirt out and they will wear out in less than a year. They also have the nylon insert ones that are more forgiving, thats what I made for my lawn mower thing.

rs4pro3
12-11-2005, 05:44 PM
I can make this for like $30.00, I guess if I was real lazy id buy them. I dont like the fact that there are no boots to keep the dirt out and they will wear out in less than a year. They also have the nylon insert ones that are more forgiving, thats what I made for my lawn mower thing.
Thanks for your reply, I don't know where you are getting your parts from but it is costing me more then $30 per set to build. I'm barely making anything on these once you figure in the cost of all the parts, shipping, packing etc...

632 Regal
12-11-2005, 07:19 PM
shipping is included?

rs4pro3
12-11-2005, 09:11 PM
shipping is included?
Yes

BigKriss
12-12-2005, 02:22 AM
These look good and I like the sound of adjustable front swaybar links because you purchase a pair of these and you won't need an adjustable front bar anymore becasue you can change the length of the link itself, adjusting the firmness of the bar itself.

us$60 is cheap as the ground control ones (maybe the best around - I have to do some more reading) are about double that. (http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=677)Of course only time will tell how long they last. I want to get adjustable front swaybar links eventually.

Bellicose Right Winger
12-12-2005, 05:07 AM
It's tough to beat the durability of the factory link with its lubricated, sealed ball joint ends.

You cannot adjust the stiffness of the sway bar in a useful way with these links. Any preload you put into the bar by shortening the left side link, will improve roll stiffness when turning left, and decrease roll stiffness when turning right.

The roll bar is a torsion spring. Adjustable sway bars get their effect by changing the length of the end(s) of the bar. Shortening the end(s) of the bar results in more rotation in the transverse portion of the bar, which makes the bar stiffer, for a given deflection of the suspension.

Paul Shovestul

These look good and I like the sound of adjustable front swaybar links because you purchase a pair of these and you won't need an adjustable front bar anymore becasue you can change the length of the link itself, adjusting the firmness of the bar itself.

BigKriss
12-12-2005, 05:31 AM
cool. you learn something new every day.