PDA

View Full Version : Last day of classes.... ugh never be an MIS student

Jon K
12-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Never be a management of information systems (mis) student. Today is the day i hand in the project i spent months on. We were to design a standalone system classroom for the IT/CS/MATH department including network, database, security, work study, maintenance, you name it, its got it.

So yeah I had THE WORST GROUP EVER! I honestly wish this had been an individual project. I did most of the work anyway! However, the one kid made the title page (gosh, so much thought there!) and put my name last. Cool. I cannot wait to fill out the assessment paper!

look at this monster:

http://e34.digital7.com/system.jpg

300 pages of... agony.

On a positive note, its done. Also, because of 8" of snow we got at 3am, my marketing presentation was cancelled with no make up date and no negative effect on my grade! Woooo!

kyleN20
12-09-2005, 10:51 AM
looks very labor intensive, what kind of job does that set you up for, i dont really understand?

peks
12-09-2005, 10:55 AM
haha

what sucks is you just did thousands of dollars of work for the university and they wont cut you a single cent of slack on your tuition.

i used to be a cs major..

Jon K
12-09-2005, 11:02 AM
haha

what sucks is you just did thousands of dollars of work for the university and they wont cut you a single cent of slack on your tuition.

i used to be a cs major..

Kyle: IT Management/Administration

Peks: I am aware. It's a learning device. I get to keep the project to show when I go on interviews.

The wors part is that my 2 "partners" were seniors who just didn't give a f-. I am a junior, and have had less experience than them both, and they expect an "good" assessment.

brodee
12-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Been there, done that. I was CIS, so a little more computer classes on top of what you have. I always hated group projects but like they say, in the real world you will have to work with groups including people that are worthless, believe me, I have a whole office full of them :D

Cactuar
12-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Urgh, I'm glad I skipped school :)

schnell944
12-09-2005, 11:27 AM
group projects can blow in Uni. You always end up carrying the rest of the lot. I don't mind collaborating if the group actually helps out! Best of luck man....I have one more final to write and a research paper to revise....it makes revision hard when your professor doesn't get your paper and the rest of the class does. In the end, who's handing out the grades...ugh.

Never be a management of information systems (mis) student. Today is the day i hand in the project i spent months on. We were to design a standalone system classroom for the IT/CS/MATH department including network, database, security, work study, maintenance, you name it, its got it.

So yeah I had THE WORST GROUP EVER! I honestly wish this had been an individual project. I did most of the work anyway! However, the one kid made the title page (gosh, so much thought there!) and put my name last. Cool. I cannot wait to fill out the assessment paper!

look at this monster:

http://e34.digital7.com/system.jpg

300 pages of... agony.

On a positive note, its done. Also, because of 8" of snow we got at 3am, my marketing presentation was cancelled with no make up date and no negative effect on my grade! Woooo!

Jon K
12-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Been there, done that. I was CIS, so a little more computer classes on top of what you have. I always hated group projects but like they say, in the real world you will have to work with groups including people that are worthless, believe me, I have a whole office full of them :D

Unfortunately, I went to Drexel for my first year, and have about... 6 or 7 CS courses, logic, programming, etc. I was CS/EE there, I should probably look into a minor, but ugh i can't do this anymore haha. One more year, I tell myself.

bahnstormer
12-09-2005, 01:08 PM
i would never ever write a 300 page paper...
my max is 10

DanDombrowski
12-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Try size 24 font :)

GAM
12-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Been there done that many times. The best one was in a marketing class. One guy didn't even show up for the group meetings. Because we didn't know whether he was even going to be involved in the group presentation we had to cover his area. Well he shows up for the presentation and presents his own ideas/veiwpoints that didn't even mesh with the rest of the group. We made sure the professor knew about his performance, but I'm sure he got a passing grade because many private institutes don't want to lose a customer$$$$$$$$$$