PDA

View Full Version : Help in identifying these parts

t_marat
12-07-2005, 09:53 AM
I had a crash, car is nearly repaired. But there are some parts guys repairing the car do not know.
Anybody can tell me what these things are and where they are supposed to be?

The small one with a wire attached is located on the front right side of the car. I thought it might be related with the car alarm system. Car alarm system used to blip when somebody approaches or passes by close to the car.

Second one is something plastic, definitely from the engine bay.

After the crash car was in a bad condition. Those parts simply lay inside the engine campartment. Guys doing the bodywork did not unscrew them so they have no idea what these things are.

Torque
12-07-2005, 09:58 AM
The thing in pictures 3 and 4 looks like the plastic covers that goes behind the lights and in front of the airbox.

As for the first thing ... Did you check where the wires are going? That might help us figure it out.

t_marat
12-07-2005, 11:25 AM
I will check the wires tomorrow. There is a lot of things in there.

632 Regal
12-07-2005, 11:28 AM
the first 2 look like some sort of sensor, probably for the alarm like your guessing. The 2nd set is the cover for the air intake like Tiger says but it looks like its busted up pretty good, need a new one for sure.

kyleN20
12-07-2005, 11:34 AM
first one almost looks like a horn, but if you said it bliped when people walked by, it could be some sort of moation sensor, and the second dose look like behind headlight covers, with air ducting and such.

t_marat
12-07-2005, 11:47 PM
OK, thanks everybody.

Omega
12-08-2005, 02:16 AM
Does your car have heated washer nozzles? The thing in pics 1&2 look like the thermister (temperature dependent resistor) that controls the heating circuit for the nozzles. It fits near the air box.

t_marat
12-09-2005, 10:24 AM
I don't know. Will need to look into that.

That thing (1&2) is located somehwere under/near the washer tank. And there is one connector that guys at service have no idea about. Everything seems to be connected but one connector is staying alone. In this thread people seem to have the same issue:
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=16692&page=2