PDA

View Full Version : OT - Rose Bowl Tickets

uscharalph
12-06-2005, 09:29 AM
I figured it couldn't hurt if I asked if anyone on this forum has any connections to get Rose Bowl tickets. My chance on the ticket lottery was unsuccessful and I'd really like to see my Trojans play for the national championship.

dacoyote
12-06-2005, 11:06 AM
I figured it couldn't hurt if I asked if anyone on this forum has any connections to get Rose Bowl tickets. My chance on the ticket lottery was unsuccessful and I'd really like to see my Trojans play for the national championship.

Darn.... I was wipping out my credit card... I though maybe you have some....

UCLA Sucks...

Elekta
12-06-2005, 02:53 PM
why would you want to pay $600 bucks to see your ass get whipped by Vee Y?

hookem baby....college world series, bcs championship, final four.......all horns all the time :p

Zeuk in Oz
12-06-2005, 03:14 PM
You Americans are strange - you pay $600 to look at a bowl with roses in it ? :p

ryan roopnarine
12-06-2005, 03:26 PM
You Americans are strange - you pay $600 to look at a bowl with roses in it ? :p

no no no....you're simplifying matters far too much
you pay $600 for the privledge of eating the roses after the ordeal is done, then you get to chuck the bowl at your wife's car, and mumble about how you coulda been the 12th man, if she didn't have to go and get knocked up right after you met her......

you don't get "married with children" in australia?

dacoyote
12-06-2005, 03:30 PM
why would you want to pay $600 bucks to see your ass get whipped by Vee Y?

hookem baby....college world series, bcs championship, final four.......all horns all the time :p

Boy... you are in for a serious disappointment

Elekta
12-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Boy... you are in for a serious disappointment

since when was 6 1/2 points a lock?

overheard in ohio......OVER RATED

Zeuk in Oz
12-06-2005, 03:33 PM
you don't get "married with children" in australia?
Most aussies have children after the get married, however the stigma of being a bastard is much less than it was 30 years ago.

Is throwing a bowl which once contained roses part of you marriage tradition ? But why at your new wife's car ? And why $600 for the privilege ?

ryan roopnarine
12-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Most aussies have children after the get married, however the stigma of being a bastard is much less than it was 30 years ago.

Is throwing a bowl which once contained roses part of you marriage tradition ? But why at your new wife's car ? And why $600 for the privilege ?

i meant the tv series, married with children
http://imdb.com/title/tt0092400/

there's an american mythology about football/basketball, you probably have it there with regards to "soccer", wherein 40 year olds that played a sport in high school but never made the professional leagues will eagerly follow a sport on tv/radio/in person because they believe in their heart that they are a "part" of the team (a backup player), and when their favorite team is takin a beating, that the coach would call em in to clean up the score, and their performance would transcend any known level of awesomeness, and they'd get a crossover nobel prize for their performance........
but their wife/SO got pregnant, and they had to give up their sports aspirations to do family type crap....

hence the mumbling and throwing of bowl
i was being facetious

Zeuk in Oz
12-06-2005, 03:50 PM
basketball,40 year olds ....
but their wife/SO got pregnant,hence the mumbling and throwing of bowl
i was being facetious

So, this rose bowl is really a basketball game played by 40 year olds who are married with children ?

Zeuk in Oz
12-06-2005, 04:05 PM
i meant the tv series, married with children
http://imdb.com/title/tt0092400/

there's an american mythology about football/basketball, you probably have it there with regards to "soccer", wherein 40 year olds that played a sport in high school but never made the professional leagues will eagerly follow a sport on tv/radio/in person because they believe in their heart that they are a "part" of the team (a backup player), and when their favorite team is takin a beating, that the coach would call em in to clean up the score, and their performance would transcend any known level of awesomeness, and they'd get a crossover nobel prize for their performance........
but their wife/SO got pregnant, and they had to give up their sports aspirations to do family type crap....

hence the mumbling and throwing of bowl
i was being facetious

Sorry about previous post, couldn't help myself ! :p

Actually in Oz : Cricket, Rugby Union, Rugby League and Aussie Rules are bigger than Football (soccer) as followed sports which depends on in which state you live.

Having said that I must admit that I am a Football (soccer) tragic, having recently spent not quite as much as a Rose Bowl ticket to watch the Soceroos beat Uruguay for a place at the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany.

The phenomenon of middle aged blokes yearning for their lost sporting careers is not peculiar to your culture. It happens everwhere there are middle-aged men.

Interestingly with Football (soccer) though, is the number of middle aged men who still play, week in, week out in the old farts leagues (Over 35s).

Sadly, I am one of those at the age of 49.

If nothing else it gives the kids a chance to laugh at us and get their own back for what we scream at them on the sidelines. :D

Don't worry, "married with children" was part of your country's never ending television exports that make up your attempt to subvert our culture. ;)

Never watched it much but the kids think "Becker" was written by someone who had spent a while observing me ! :p