PDA

View Full Version : Laser Car Wash update. Lasting effects?

Gene in NC
12-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Laser Car Wash update (Franchise name). See:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=16104

Previous post was enthusiastic re effectiveness of wash job. Not so sure about residual effects. One part of wash was some kind of wax spray. Two lasting effects:

1) Water does not "flow" on windshield but beads up in very small beads, especially at low speed and light drizzle. Beads form even at 75 mph in moderate rain when using interval wipers.

2) Bird droppings from Robins eating Dogwood berries over the drive washed off cleanly in the next rain.

What kind of spray wax could be responsible for this?

632 Regal
12-05-2005, 06:08 PM
will the headlights go blind if the lasers shine at them?

Gene in NC
12-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Could the "wax" be silicone, and isn't that suppoed to negatively affect paint adhesion in a repaint?

If so, how to ge it all off?

romeox929
12-07-2005, 12:36 PM
will the headlights go blind if the lasers shine at them?

haha...

Jay 535i
12-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Could the "wax" be silicone, and isn't that suppoed to negatively affect paint adhesion in a repaint?

If so, how to ge it all off?

My understanding (could be wrong -- has been before :)) is that a strong mixture of water and dish soap will get off any kind of wax/sealer.

632 Regal
12-07-2005, 01:20 PM
yep wash with a strong mix of Dawn and hot water, then wet sand paint, good primer then paint. The thing that really screws a paint job up is silico spray...just spray it on your coat and walk through a body shop, their day is ruined.
My understanding (could be wrong -- has been before :)) is that a strong mixture of water and dish soap will get off any kind of wax/sealer.

liquidtiger720
12-07-2005, 03:47 PM
aww cmon....hand wash and more importanly hand wax!