PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have good links for the Alpina B10?

miliue
12-05-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm slowly converting the '92 525 to an Alpina (don't worry, I'm not changing the badges!). The engine will stay the same until the very end (probably another two years or so) until the engine finally bites the dust -- 200k miles already! After that, I will swap out the transmission and engine to support an LS1, as the small block is light enough that it won't affect the car's weight ratio and the additional power will make the car a little worthier of the Alpina styling.

Anyway, on to the reason for this post. I'm looking for sites that have lots of pictures, and information, on the e34 B10 biturbo Alpina. I've been trying google, but so far with little luck. I've found lots of stuff in German, but little in english. And one site even managed to infect me with a virus (thanks!). Eventually, I hope to make the car an Alpina clone (everything other than the engine and tranny, that is). Just something fun to waste money on!

Any help would be appreciated.

angrypancake
12-05-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm slowly converting the '92 525 to an Alpina (don't worry, I'm not changing the badges!). The engine will stay the same until the very end (probably another two years or so) until the engine finally bites the dust -- 200k miles already! After that, I will swap out the transmission and engine to support an LS1, as the small block is light enough that it won't affect the car's weight ratio and the additional power will make the car a little worthier of the Alpina styling.

Anyway, on to the reason for this post. I'm looking for sites that have lots of pictures, and information, on the e34 B10 biturbo Alpina. I've been trying google, but so far with little luck. I've found lots of stuff in German, but little in english. And one site even managed to infect me with a virus (thanks!). Eventually, I hope to make the car an Alpina clone (everything other than the engine and tranny, that is). Just something fun to waste money on!

Any help would be appreciated.

http://web.telia.com/~u83106086/biturbopage/home.htm for some pretty good info, and for parts, i.e. bumpers, seat fabric, springs/shocks, wheels.... it's in german but the homepage is in english with contacts:
http://212.227.48.10/en/zubehoer/zubehoer_teile.php

miliue
12-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Just what I was looking for, thanks!

Anton CH.
12-05-2005, 05:31 PM
What I actually want to see is how in the world they managed to fit and route an intercooler in there.