PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Install Completed.

uscharalph
12-03-2005, 02:11 AM
A couple of weeks ago I installed new rear brakes (Rotors, pads and sensor). I went with bremmo rotors and Raybestors QS pads. I liked the pads so much, I bought new Raybestos QS pads for the front, even though I didn't need pads. Slapped them on today with the existing rotors. I'm a happy camper. No more brake dust (Or at least very little)!!

emw525E34
12-04-2005, 02:45 AM
Ralph,
How is the cold behavior on these Raybestos pads ?. Do they bite when cold or take some time to warm up before getting some grip.
Also, do they squeal at all?. I just hates squealing brakes.

I used to try EBC Blacks for the back. They squeal like mad when cold, and they dont last as long as Pagibs so I ditched them after they wore out. I am looking for good bite pads that lasts and don't squeal.

BigKriss
12-04-2005, 02:57 AM
Ralph,
How is the cold behavior on these Raybestos pads ?. Do they bite when cold or take some time to warm up before getting some grip.

I used to try EBC Blacks for the back. They squeal like mad when cold, and they dont last as long as Pagibs so I ditched them after they wore out. I am looking for good bite pads that lasts and don't squeal.

EBC Blacks Frankie?, I thought the blacks where a track pad. Why did you use them? Your the first forum member I've heard of using them.

uscharalph
12-04-2005, 03:08 AM
Ralph,

They seem to bite just fine and no squeal, after all the QS stands for quiet stop.

BigKriss
12-04-2005, 03:10 AM
A couple of weeks ago I installed new rear brakes (Rotors, pads and sensor). I went with bremmo rotors and Raybestors QS pads. I liked the pads so much, I bought new Raybestos QS pads for the front, even though I didn't need pads. Slapped them on today with the existing rotors. I'm a happy camper. No more brake dust (Or at least very little)!!

Did you bleed the brakes Ralph?

uscharalph
12-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Did you bleed the brakes Ralph?
I was in a huge hurry and with the USC - UCLA game yesterday, I wasn't able to do them myself (Or with my brother's help) this weekend, so I had them installed and they bled the brakes. I do, however plan on changing out the brake fluid soon though.