PDA

View Full Version : ::.. Yet another 'frozen' door lock problem

Qube
12-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Sure this morning the lock won't turn on the driver side. Fine I try the heats but it doesn't work. Break out the heat gun... all is good. Lube it up and go.

At work, the driver door doesn't lock. Pin doesn't move. The lock turns nicely though and locks all the other doors! Fuse is fine, so it's just the pin that won't go down and 'finish' locking.

Surprisingly, I CAN double-lock and the door will lock, but the pin stays up.

One question then... I'll tear it apart and see what's going on but... is the double-locking mechanism totally separate?

Alexlind123
12-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Have you tried turning the key all the way and then opening the handle and turning the key even more? Remember that you cants press the stub into the lock position when the drivers door is open...so you dont lock your keys in.

Qube
12-02-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm not certain what you mean. The door opens and closes. The lock turns fully and locks/unlocks all the other doors. Thing is the driver side door doesn't lock and the door pin doesn't move... stuck. So having said that, what do you mean? Turn which way? Door open or closed? Thanks!

Qube
12-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Have you tried turning the key all the way and then opening the handle and turning the key even more? Remember that you cants press the stub into the lock position when the drivers door is open...so you dont lock your keys in.

Kudos to Alexind123! It was so simple that it worked! Let's hope it holds up :)