PDA

View Full Version : 3 green dots left, but inspection is lit?

Interceptor
12-02-2005, 02:18 AM
As the title says, this morning when I started the car to go to work, I saw that INSPECTION is lit even though I have 3 more green dots left? Is this normal, or something is cheesy?

Omega
12-02-2005, 02:49 AM
It's the 2-year inspection on brake fluid and anti-freeze and is time related and independent of the servicing schedule which is driving style dependent.

Hope this helps.

Dan in NZ
12-02-2005, 03:55 AM
You'll also see a little clock symbol next to inspection, indicating that it's annual inspection time...

My car has yellow light, inspection, clock, and oil service all lit up at the moment. A nice reminder that I've been neglecting my baby!

iainand
12-02-2005, 04:00 AM
my car has 5 green lights on and clock and inspection on too, only done 1000 miles since last service, but car has not been used since.inspection or oil service can come up after 1 year independent of how many green lights to go. car needs a service yearly or by service indicator depending on driving style.i think the clock comes on for brake fluid change

Omega
12-02-2005, 05:01 AM
My car has yellow light, inspection, clock, and oil service all lit up at the moment. A nice reminder that I've been neglecting my baby!

Ditto. I like to get my monies worth from the bulbs! It looks real purdy switching on at night :D

Interceptor
12-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Thanks guys! I've already changed the brake fluid so I think I'll simply reset the light and keep on driving. I service my car every year regardless of the indicator (I do the oil at the same time - I drive less than 10000 km a year and use synthetic oil so it should be fine).