PDA

View Full Version : cold start question

wang540
12-01-2005, 11:28 AM
I dont know if i have one or not, but if i do could the cold start valve on my car be the source of my car not starting in cold weather?

Kalevera
12-02-2005, 01:27 AM
The last M20s to have cold start valves were, if I recall correctly, some of the early ETAs. So, no. A cold start valve is essentially an injector. Later motronics utilize the actual injectors to perform the duty.

It'd help to have some more info. Does cold = below 32F? Any fuel pressure when it doesn't turn over?

best, whit

wang540
12-02-2005, 01:12 PM
The last M20s to have cold start valves were, if I recall correctly, some of the early ETAs. So, no. A cold start valve is essentially an injector. Later motronics utilize the actual injectors to perform the duty.

It'd help to have some more info. Does cold = below 32F? Any fuel pressure when it doesn't turn over?

best, whit

Well I live on Long Island in New York so anytime the temp is below about 55F it will take a while to start the car up. It will crank and thats about it and after about 5 minutes of trying it will eventually start up and run like normal. Whenever this happens i get "Oil Pressure Sensor" warning on the OBC but I dont get that after i've been driving it for a while. If this problem persists over the winter i'm screwed. Thanks for your help it is much appreciated.