PDA

View Full Version : *smiley* Projector Headlights

shogun
11-30-2005, 11:28 PM
For US Spec!! 9005/9006 Universal Harness included, 150 $

Seems to be reasonable? Not for me but maybe someone needs them Many pics in the offer from front and backside.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8019086844&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

angrypancake
11-30-2005, 11:37 PM
What's the difference between "smileys" and normal projector headlights? Also, it says "image property of shragon.net." Isn't that the Shragon from this board?

liquidtiger720
12-01-2005, 12:04 AM
What's the difference between "smileys" and normal projector headlights? Also, it says "image property of shragon.net." Isn't that the Shragon from this board?

those are euro spec ellipsoids...dubbed smileys because of the cut out below the actual projector- loooks like a happy face. That ebay user used Shragons pic, and had to give him credit...its not shragon.

btw. I got mine for $150 shipped :)

uscharalph
12-01-2005, 01:01 AM
those are euro spec ellipsoids...dubbed smileys because of the cut out below the actual projector- loooks like a happy face. That ebay user used Shragons pic, and had to give him credit...its not shragon.

btw. I got mine for $150 shipped :)
Josh, did you get Depo's?

liquidtiger720
12-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Josh, did you get Depo's?

Sadly, yes. I want Hella's now :(

Next time, I'll bite the bullet and dish out the $600. But, we'll see how long these hold up. I stuck some lamin-x on em. hehe.

wjbell
12-01-2005, 01:19 AM
liquid:

What brand/style rims are those in your sig pic? They look nice and I'm thinking about new rims...

angrypancake
12-01-2005, 08:18 AM
If I'm not mistaken they are Racing Dynamics. I remember from a thread a while back. And I think he got them from BavAuto.

liquidtiger720
12-01-2005, 10:26 AM
If I'm not mistaken they are Racing Dynamics. I remember from a thread a while back. And I think he got them from BavAuto.

Correct, they are Racing Dynamics RD2 rims. 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear.

I bought them direct from Frederico @ RDsport. I don't believe he has anymore.

I would suggest you stay the **** away from that flake. I waited for two months for my wheels after payment because he is a lazy ****tard.

If you are interested, I may have them up for sale soon, but I am unsure as to what to ask. Bavauto sells the wheels for 3600 for wheels/tires and they arnt staggered.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=13024&highlight=shoes

angrypancake
12-01-2005, 11:21 AM
What would you get to replace them? They look really really good.

Elekta
12-01-2005, 02:37 PM
I just bought these, with new adjuster motors....yea! $240 shipped next day air. They say bosch, but not Hella as far as I can see...but they are OEM.
http://i24.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/95/70/f2_3.JPG

Shogun, do you have the wiring diagram that shows where/color of the city light wire?

I saw my car today...no hood, both quarter panels off (getting the side repeaters installed too), no bumpers....it was quite nekid

shragon
12-01-2005, 05:55 PM
yea, it's my car used with permission.

bimmer2u
12-06-2005, 01:25 PM
I will tell you this about the guy that has those lights on ebay in Shogun's first msg.....he will not reply to any question. His "feedback" seems, to me, to be cocky and a lot of lip. I stayed away from his auction even though they look really nice and a nice price.

rps1072
12-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Does it bother anyone else that "quality" is in quotes?

AND YOU CAN SEE THE "QUALITY" IN THE PICTURES!!

SC David
12-06-2005, 08:13 PM
I bought mine from that guy. The lights are decent. The wiring included will only work for the low beam lights, as it seems just some random wiring they threw together. They only include two wiring harnesses for all four lights, which plug into both your high beam and low beam 9006 sockets. The problem is that there is only one yellow wire to power both your high beams and low beams. The other wires are grounds/worthless wires not attatched to anything. It's pretty much just a big confusing mess and I'm sure I'm not being very helpful in trying to describe how confusing it is.

Bottom line is that the lights are fine and that seller will get them to you relatively quick. Just have your own wiring ready.

SC David
12-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Pics of the wiring they included.
http://www.aceautodriver.com/auction/pic/EURO_HEADLIGHTS_BMW_E30_12.jpg

Pics of it in.
http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/828812c.jpg

liquidtiger720
12-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Pics of the wiring they included.
]

And if anybody wants, I've found a source for 9006/9005 male/female connectors. Makes it pretty easy to make a harness without cutting a single thing.

SC David
12-06-2005, 08:57 PM
And if anybody wants, I've found a source for 9006/9005 male/female connectors. Makes it pretty easy to make a harness without cutting a single thing.
Yeah, we're both doing this as it's the easy way out of having to splice up your stock wiring, which I'm scared to do. I'll finally have high beams after one year without them!

Jbradley
12-07-2005, 08:33 PM
This is my first post here so be gentle;) I am a long-time bmw freak though!

Sc - Those euro smileys look great and at $150 for both sides plus $35 shipping I just can't say no after replacing 5 lowbeam headlights in one year - (there are lots of crappy rockstrewn roads in Alabama) I plan to cover these with laminx.

Can you email me or post-up some more pics of your wiring and any install tips so I don't have to do a year with no highbeams as well

Liquidtiger - where can I get the male/female connector and what white bulbs do you guys suggest I use. ( answer is www.rallylights.com, thanx lt)

Thanks To All !

JB