PDA

View Full Version : now i got rear ended.............

tim s
11-29-2005, 08:53 PM
i stopped to make a left turn & an older woman hits the center of my rear bumper with the right front corner of her ford escape. the molding is cracked, but i can not tell how bad the bumper itself is yet. it is still raining pretty hard & it's dark out. she was not moving any faster than 10-15mph, should i be concerned there is any damage behind the bumper? i don't want to be an idiot to them, but i also should not have to put up with a screwed up bumper.
thanks
tim s.

Qube
11-29-2005, 08:58 PM
With luck, it's just the molding that's cracked. There should be impact absorbers that are gas filled and should not be reusable once compressed. A quick peek under and you'll see what I mean.

romus
11-29-2005, 09:07 PM
From what i know about E34's, the front and rear bumpers are supposed to take and impact of up to 15km/h and they won't be deformed nor will you see the trace of it. Now, 15mph is faster than that. Unfortunatelly i dont know much more to tell u than this. Hope the damage is minimal.

tim s
11-29-2005, 10:52 PM
you can't see it, but i can feel it by running my hand across the bumper.
thanks
tim s.

mattyb
11-30-2005, 01:05 AM
I had mine done not long ago. theres not much behind there/ funny thing was that when it went to the repairers the fuel flap fell off. old plastic with a little impact. its these little things that add up and u dont realise them until its maybe too late. any damage to your car no matter how slight will effect the price of your car if u try to sell it so any damage should be attended to by the negligent party.

angrypancake
11-30-2005, 01:08 AM
I have to admit that it took me a minute to open the thread cause I was just laughing at the title. I hope that nothing besides the molding is cracked. That sucks.