PDA

View Full Version : ::.. Reaching out again: Reputable indies in Toronto?

Qube
11-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Other than Bruno ;) are there any other indies you'd trust to work and diagnose your BMW in Toronto area? Reached out before but didn't get much of a response (for Toronto). Scarborough would be wonderful, but general GTA if need be. Hoping for actual experiences and not friend-of-a-friend referrals. Thanks!

MarkD
11-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Other than Bruno ;) are there any other indies you'd trust to work and diagnose your BMW in Toronto area? Reached out before but didn't get much of a response (for Toronto). Scarborough would be wonderful, but general GTA if need be. Hoping for actual experiences and not friend-of-a-friend referrals. Thanks!

Look on the dealers page of my website to find all the indepandant BMW garages.

There is Lakeside Motors at Kennedy and Lawrence.

MarkD

Qube
11-29-2005, 04:53 PM
All right sounds good. I need some major work done so I want to ensure it's in good hands! Anyone else? I'll give Lakeshore a call

MarkD
11-29-2005, 05:22 PM
All right sounds good. I need some major work done so I want to ensure it's in good hands! Anyone else? I'll give Lakeshore a call

There is also Autotrend (http://www.autotrend.net) on Broadview, just north of Cosburn. (That is where I go most of the time) Otherwide my friend Rudy Graf of Graf Auto does the work. The dyno I use is at Graf Auto.

And in Mississauga, Bimmersport on Shawson Dr.

MarkD

mancini_mark
11-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Hey fellow Torontonians,

I've had very good experiences at Chuck's BMW in Etobicoke. Honest guy. He has a website, I think it's www.chucks-auto.com. Honest guy.

Hope this helps,

Mark

MarkD
11-30-2005, 07:49 AM
Hey fellow Torontonians,

I've had very good experiences at Chuck's BMW in Etobicoke. Honest guy. He has a website, I think it's www.chucks-auto.com. Honest guy.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Charlie was the one good mechanic Chuck had and he left in the summer, he runs Bimmersport which I mentioned.

Bimmersport
1765 Shawson Dr, Unit 13
Mississauga, Ontario

905-670-9200
416-823-2BMW

There is also Munich Motors (71 Alness, near Dufferin and Finch) but they don't like working on older cars. (you won't find many E34's there)
But if you have an E46 M3 or X5 etc. this is the place to go.
They also have a GT1 tester which can update the software in your DME.
And the pricing is lower than all the other independant places!
They also like doing motor swaps, they have put s54 motors in a Z3 and E36.
(then I take over with the software mods)

MarkD

Qube
11-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Okay thanks folks. Looks like Autotrend it is.