PDA

View Full Version : M5 Snow Drifting Video

Alexlind123
11-28-2005, 11:59 PM
http://www.osenworks.no/filmer/sigdal05.ow.wmv

They treat this M5 very poorly it seems (or maybe they are just very good drivers who know what they are doing) and it also seems rather underpowered (maybe a 518i-M5 copy?) when he floors it. The tires look like they would be great for snow, i have never seen anything like them.

angrypancake
11-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Thats kinda cool and all but you wouldn't catch me dead spinning lesser cars out with my m5 (if I was lucky enough to have one.) Wouuld be sweet to have a snow track like that to go do whatever

genphreak
11-29-2005, 08:49 AM
http://www.osenworks.no/filmer/sigdal05.ow.wmv

They treat this M5 very poorly it seems (or maybe they are just very good drivers who know what they are doing) and it also seems rather underpowered (maybe a 518i-M5 copy?) when he floors it. The tires look like they would be great for snow, i have never seen anything like them.Class vid. Very like speedway but on ice.

I guess it is pretty exciting for them, the dude drives his e34 like that (I doubt its an M-car) as the others can't match its superior weight and handling on that surface. He's really got an unfair advantage (like the rest of us :D). Am sure its heaps of fun, but pretty dangerous- if one of those other cars he tailgates flipped i imagine he'd be pretty sorry he was nudging them into it...

(The tyres are just normal ones with lots of snow spikes in them. I guess the vid is Finnish, they all have spikes over there). :)

Tcdoe
11-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Actually the video is Norwegian, and yes, snow spikes are fairly common in Scandinavia. The car sure seems like an M5, at least it has the M5 dash. Let's hope it's not an original M5 but just a regular e34 with an engine swap.

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
11-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Not too different from my morning commute...

M5 throttle response at 160km/h seems about right.

romus
11-30-2005, 07:30 AM
yeh the center console is M5's.