PDA

View Full Version : rubber floor mats

Picatavi
11-27-2005, 11:29 PM
I've done a search and checked out every supplier I could find who sells rubber floor mats. Was ready to order the WeatherTechs when I saw an old post from "bighc2000" saying he had the OEM rubber mats from BMA and loved them. I checked with Patrick who said he could special order them:

Front Rubber mats - 51 47 9 400 882 - $76.00 (black)
Rear rubber mats - 51 47 9 400 883 - $45.00 (black)

My question is if bighc or anyone else has a picture of them or could tell me whether or not they hold a lot of snow and stuff like the WeatherTechs. We get a lot of snow and I plan on driving through the winter. I know these are pricey, but I like that they're OEM. -Rich

Russell
11-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Bavauto -about $50 front/rear

onewhippedpuppy
11-28-2005, 10:07 AM
The Bavauto ones aren't OE, are they?

Be careful with the WeatherTechs, I have a set in my wife's 4Runner and they fit perfect, but I ordered a set for a past A4 and they were huge. When I called them they rudely informed me that I would need to "trim" them to fit. We're talking about "trimming" about half of the floormat, which is a joke for $110. After fighting with them for quite some time they took them back, but I had to eat the shipping. They will never get my business again.

If you search on "floormats" or "rubber floormats" there's an old thread with pics of the OE rubber ones, they look pretty nice. Definitely what I'll be purchasing soon.

Bill R.
11-28-2005, 10:41 AM
good amount of junk and muck , as much as the weather tech's do... Here's a link to the page on circle bmw's website that lists them... I bought the factory rubber ones for my e46, they come in colors to match the interior, the only complaint i have about them is that the stink... The rubber has a smell to it.. not a new tire smell either, a chemical smell. I aired them out outside for a month before i put them in the e46 and there are still traces of that smell, I guess they outgass for a long time. Here is the link to Circl (http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/acc.htm)e.

I've done a search and checked out every supplier I could find who sells rubber floor mats. Was ready to order the WeatherTechs when I saw an old post from "bighc2000" saying he had the OEM rubber mats from BMA and loved them. I checked with Patrick who said he could special order them:

Front Rubber mats - 51 47 9 400 882 - $76.00 (black)
Rear rubber mats - 51 47 9 400 883 - $45.00 (black)

My question is if bighc or anyone else has a picture of them or could tell me whether or not they hold a lot of snow and stuff like the WeatherTechs. We get a lot of snow and I plan on driving through the winter. I know these are pricey, but I like that they're OEM. -Rich

onewhippedpuppy
11-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Here's the thread with the pics of the OE ones.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=10317&highlight=rubber+floormats

Russell
11-28-2005, 12:29 PM
They are german and made for the e34. I have had a set for two years and seem to work fine. However, there are no cut-outs for mat lock. However, the "holes" are there and can be opened up for some sort of mat lock. Not sure which type of lock would work.

FYI, I have a Weathertech trunk mat which is a perfect fit.

onewhippedpuppy
11-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Which ones aren't OE Russel, the Bavauto ones? The ones in the above thread are OE, and have the locks included.

zuzuk212
11-28-2005, 12:49 PM
I have them too and happy with them. They have holes which work with the pins on the carpet floor.
Russell, don't you have pins on your floor for holding oem matts?

Ken

Russell
11-28-2005, 12:53 PM
However, I just thought the rubber mat would slip off the pins. I assumed I would need some sort of round "clip" to fit on the pins for them to stay in position.

I have them too and happy with them. They have holes which work with the pins on the carpet floor.
Russell, don't you have pins on your floor for holding oem matts?

Ken

zuzuk212
11-28-2005, 01:07 PM
However, I just thought the rubber mat would slip off the pins. I assumed I would need some sort of round "clip" to fit on the pins for them to stay in position.
Not that I know of ... I haven't had them slip off yet ... had them for a year without a problem.
Ken

Don McAdams
11-28-2005, 02:47 PM
The OE BMW rubber mats are awesome. They wear excellent, very heavy duty & worth the $$. Q turned me on to these & have been very happy putting them in the car. The OE rubber mats do have a spot for a floormat clip, but seriously- these mats are so heavy, they do not move around at all-

Dealer list price on these are $85 front & $50 rear-

zuzuk212
11-28-2005, 02:55 PM
You can get the full set from Bav for the cost of the oem fronts ... I saved the money for other things ... the Bav's are not cheaply made ... they will stand up to what ever your feet can dish out. Just saying, the quality is not worse because you're spending less.

Ken

Qsilver7
11-28-2005, 06:14 PM
the BMW oe rubber mats for the e34...uses a different type of mat lock. The carpeted mats use the "snap/locking" type pin (left side in pic below)...but the rubber mats uses a rounded screw head type anchor (right side in pic below).
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_365.jpg

You will need to remove (1/4 twist) the old carpet type anchor out (if still in the floor) and insert the rubber mat's anchor down thru the top of the mat down into the floor and give it a 1/4 turn to secure it. Once in...they are very secure and naturally fit every nuance of the floor perfectly.

Ive had weather tech mats (in my 91 735iL) and I like the oe rubber mats much better. They are more pliable, heavy, and fit like a glove. They also hold lots water/debris etc just like the weather techs.

Click here to link to the E34 rubber mat diagram...BMW part numbers: 51 47 9 400 882/883 (front/rear): http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HJ61&mospid=47393&btnr=51_4596&hg=51&fg=95

Here' are pics of the rubber mats in my Touring:
(you can see the pre-drilled holes & how the anchors go thru them)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_363.jpg http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_362.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_343.jpg

Picatavi
11-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Great info, thanks, everyone. I've decided to order the OEs. Interesting info about the anchor, Q. Glad you included that. -Rich

PS: Don't know who does this, but this might be a good thread to archive.

Russell
11-28-2005, 10:24 PM
However, the hole is not cut out. Think I will go to my bmw dealer and order four rounded head screw head type pins for my front mats. Then I will use a hole punch or drill to open up the hole in the mats. I should be well set.

Thanks for the good advice.

Qsilver7
11-29-2005, 02:02 AM
I forgot to say that...when you order the sets (front and/or rear)...the anchors come with them...you don't have to order them seperately. :D

swenpro
04-18-2006, 06:13 PM
I've had the BavAuto black rubber mats for half a year now, and i'm returning to this thread just to say that they are AWESOME!

Here's why: due to the annoying lack of a cup holder in e34s, I had a 32 oz pepsi from taco bell in the console. I turn a corner hard and fwoomp! About 20 oz of pepsi goes spilling into the back seat. Oh no! So I turn around to view the atrocities, and low and behold, all 20 oz of sugary substance are neatly packed into the lipped squares of my rubber mat. Wow! Now I know why I should keep the rubber mats in year round... remove mat, hose down, and good as new :)

onewhippedpuppy
04-19-2006, 03:37 AM
Been there multiple times in the wife's 4Runner. Thank God for our rubber Weather Tech floormats, or our light gray carpet wouldn't be so light gray.