PDA

View Full Version : Movie clip of my car

GJPinAU
11-26-2005, 09:19 PM
This is taken from the soapie it just appeared in.
many thanks to Jeff (632 Regal)

http://www.bimmer.info/~regal632/E34Home&Away.mov

And Alex (AlexLind)

http://servo.postverket.us/alex/E34Home&Away.mov

It's about 5.4Mb

pundit
11-26-2005, 09:47 PM
many thanks to Jeff (632 Regal)

http://www.bimmer.info/~regal632/E34Home&Away.mov

And Alex (AlexLind)

http://servo.postverket.us/alex/E34Home&Away.mov

It's about 5.4Mb
So your E34 is now a soapie celebrity! :p
I trust they signed a contract making them fully liable to cover any future mechanical problems that may occur.... forever!! ;)

Torque
11-26-2005, 09:55 PM
That was good stuff. I'd pay someone in order for my car to be in a movie/soap opera ... I can't even fathom what it feels like to have someone pay you to feature your car on tv. wow.

:)

Gayle
11-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Way cool Greg.

Does your car sound like that or did they enhance the sound? And speaking of sound, hey, those actors have accents. LOL

I remember advance discussions about potential damage. What happened with that?

And is your car giving autographs? A tire print maybe?

digitaldragon03
11-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Haha, i didnt know you could do such cool stunts with a 540iA. Great vid.

632 Regal
11-27-2005, 12:01 AM
too bad they couldnt correct the reverse image of the steering wheel.

:p

GJPinAU
11-27-2005, 01:53 AM
Way cool Greg.

Does your car sound like that or did they enhance the sound? And speaking of sound, hey, those actors have accents. LOL

I remember advance discussions about potential damage. What happened with that?

And is your car giving autographs? A tire print maybe?
They actually sound like a V8 when in full song.

The only sound they added was the tyre squeal when the car leaves the shed.

After 6 weeks I have only just got the wheel alignment done and 4 new tyres. It goes to the panel shop tomorrow to get the bonnet fixed.

It gives autographs but I can't stop it signing Russel Crow and needs a large paddock to do it in.

GJPinAU
11-27-2005, 01:55 AM
Haha, i didnt know you could do such cool stunts with a 540iA. Great vid.
Pull the fuses on your ABS & ASC, then see how much fun you can have!

632 Regal
11-27-2005, 02:24 AM
did you do that or did they have a mechanic understanding how to dis-function the car?

Pull the fuses on your ABS & ASC, then see how much fun you can have!

genphreak
11-27-2005, 02:51 AM
many thanks to Jeff (632 Regal) It's about 5.4MbI have a a few problems with this:

- The bad dudes in the bimmer always get away
- Any black BMW (esp a 540) never fails to make a clean getaway

Gee Greg, if they had let you do the driving I am sure you'd have made a clean getaway with the hostage... and the ransom would have paid for the next episode several times over.

Still that's TV Soapies, they are never ANYTHING like real life! :D

For those of us w different coloured E34s, should we get "Hostage on board" signs and jump on the publicity bandwagon? :D (Nice one) Nick

GJPinAU
11-27-2005, 04:49 PM
I have a a few problems with this:

Gee Greg, if they had let you do the driving I am sure you'd have made a clean getaway with the hostage... and the ransom would have paid for the next episode several times over.

For those of us w different coloured E34s, should we get "Hostage on board" signs and jump on the publicity bandwagon? :D (Nice one) Nick
I was thinking of cruising the schools on Thursday, just to see if I got a reaction.

GJPinAU
11-27-2005, 04:53 PM
did you do that or did they have a mechanic understanding how to dis-function the car?
The first day they went with using sport mode and pushing the ASC button on the console, they must have done some homework because the next day the hood went up and the fuses were pulled.
I drove it home without the fuses in - what a different car it was to drive!

Zeuk in Oz
11-27-2005, 04:54 PM
They actually sound like a V8 when in full song.

The only sound they added was the tyre squeal when the car leaves the shed.

After 6 weeks I have only just got the wheel alignment done and 4 new tyres. It goes to the panel shop tomorrow to get the bonnet fixed.

It gives autographs but I can't stop it signing Russel Crow and needs a large paddock to do it in.
I suppose it would need a larger paddock to sign Russell Crowe ? :p

Johntee540
11-27-2005, 05:01 PM
I dont mind the stunt driving and all. But geez - do they have to sit on the F'ing hood? C'mon - they couldnt pay me enough!

That is really cool they used your car. I heard the discussion here last summer when you discussed it. Hopefully she made enough $$ for you to do some nice new mods. - JT

GJPinAU
11-27-2005, 05:35 PM
I dont mind the stunt driving and all. But geez - do they have to sit on the F'ing hood? C'mon - they couldnt pay me enough!

That is really cool they used your car. I heard the discussion here last summer when you discussed it. Hopefully she made enough $$ for you to do some nice new mods. - JT
The hood is being repaired this week and the bonus is they have to "blend" the paint to the guards and the grill. There go the stone chips!
We did a quick calculation on how much it cost for them to use the car and we figure around $7k a minute of "air time".

Jr ///M5
11-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Your car looked great in the film. The drivers did a good job of not crunching them up in the chase scenes.

You're a better man than I....don't think I could ever turn the M5 keys over.

Hope your car comes out better than new!!!

Jr

bullyd
11-27-2005, 07:18 PM
u gotta be kiddin me, i could never see my baby go though all that, :( well at least without me behind the wheel :p. seriously though did you get assurances of liability etc? that had to have some long term affects,

bullyd
11-27-2005, 07:19 PM
forgot to say great lookin motor mate

GJPinAU
11-27-2005, 07:44 PM
u gotta be kiddin me, i could never see my baby go though all that, :( well at least without me behind the wheel :p. seriously though did you get assurances of liability etc? that had to have some long term affects,
I keep saying to people, it was like watching your girl friend having sex with someone else. You don't want to watch but damn it's exciting!

GJPinAU
11-27-2005, 07:47 PM
Your car looked great in the film. The drivers did a good job of not crunching them up in the chase scenes.

You're a better man than I....don't think I could ever turn the M5 keys over.

Hope your car comes out better than new!!!

Jr
Thanks Jr
I'll take some pics when I get it back but I don't think it will look any different. Decided to get the bumper painted as well.

genphreak
11-27-2005, 07:55 PM
I was thinking of cruising the schools on Thursday, just to see if I got a reaction.ROFL, Don't mate, tehy'll call the ANTI-TERRORIST squad, who with nothing better to do with their time (and a lack of any real suspects) will lock you up for 90 days based on some concoction of a story (Probably based on some Home and Away episode they can't remember), then charge you and take you to court over it... :D At 7k a minute, that was good cash.

Just an evil thought: who was advertising in the breaks? It wasn't BMW by chance? I only wonder becasue, asides from being a tad overdone (even with ATSC off), the streetside powerslide is against advertising 'standards' (in Oz there are rules about not depicting any dangerous driving (this includes illegal maneouvres) on public roads in adverts), though they seem to be being forgotten about these days. I assume they didn't pay you for 'product placement' though :) Nick

GJPinAU
11-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Just an evil thought: who was advertising in the breaks? It wasn't BMW by chance? I only wonder becasue, asides from being a tad overdone (even with ATSC off), the streetside powerslide is against advertising 'standards' (in Oz there are rules about not depicting any dangerous driving (this includes illegal maneouvres) on public roads in adverts), though they seem to be being forgotten about these days. I assume they didn't pay you for 'product placement' though :) Nick
They managed to not show Bee Ems sticker on the back window. My wife made the comment "even bad guys pay to go through national parks", one of the stickers on the windscreen.

Randell
11-27-2005, 10:35 PM
if home & away was like this every night i might actually watch it!

GJPinAU
11-28-2005, 12:25 AM
if home & away was like this every night i might actually watch it!
Nooo! I couldn't take it.
1) Watching my car do that sought of thing all the time.
2) If it was going to be there, they would have to buy it (not going to happen)

FYI all the actors I met on the 5 days were genuine. Tim (Dan) is maybe more normal than we are. Rob (henchman) what a laugh, spent a lot of time with this guy. Terry (Dudley) full time actor - very professional - no ego though. Holly (Amanda) is probably more attractive in real life and pleasant to talk to. The stunt team - what a pack of lunnies, they'd just finished doing the new Superman movie on the Gold Coast and they were up, up & away. My youngest son spent time with Isaac (Ryan) having fun throwing his stunt double dummy off the back of trucks etc.

kev535i
11-28-2005, 02:31 AM
i suppose your car will be releasing a single for christmas ? maybe an appearance at carols by candlelight?

mattyb
11-28-2005, 09:11 AM
rumour has it that the car has been seen with kylie minogue at fashionable nightspots in london. ...STOP PRESS... anonymous e34 starlet has been checked into betty ford centre for cocaine adiction.

zuzuk212
11-28-2005, 02:24 PM
So, how do you get a gig like that?

Ken

Beez540
11-28-2005, 04:41 PM
I have a a few problems with this:

the black E34 in Ronin blows up!

Beez540
11-28-2005, 04:43 PM
That's awesom man. Looked real good. (yer car that is, not the show).

I hope it's no worse for wear, or better yet... better.

genphreak
11-28-2005, 05:03 PM
(shrugging off the comment) that was 'just for effect'...

genphreak
11-28-2005, 05:06 PM
rumour has it that the car has been seen with kylie minogue at fashionable nightspots in london. ...STOP PRESS... anonymous e34 starlet has been checked into betty ford centre for cocaine adiction.Matty, I hope you are not the jealous type, rumour also has it the producton people are chorting a slightly older, greyer version with star potential... best beware! :) Nick

GJPinAU
11-28-2005, 05:09 PM
rumour has it that the car has been seen with kylie minogue at fashionable nightspots in london. ...STOP PRESS... anonymous e34 starlet has been checked into betty ford centre for cocaine adiction.
OK Matty, who's paying you for this information?

GJPinAU
11-28-2005, 05:15 PM
So, how do you get a gig like that?

Ken
I got a phone call from my mechanic and then from the guy who hires the cars. Didn't advertise or go through the "casting couch" system. Guess the answer is Just Lucky (and I got a really nice car).

Zeuk in Oz
11-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Guess the answer is Just Lucky (and I got a really nice car).
Why so bashful ?
Is there any truth to the rumour that your car is the show's No 1 fan and it begged you to get it a gig ? All those actors on the seats - how erotic ! :D

GJPinAU
11-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Why so bashful ?
Is there any truth to the rumour that your car is the show's No 1 fan and it begged you to get it a gig ? All those actors on the seats - how erotic ! :D
It now wants the windows tinted darker and a jewel encrusted car cover. The only thing left on the seats was ice cream and chocolate. LOL.