PDA

View Full Version : New Penrite auto trans fluid for ZF transmissions!

pundit
11-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Penrite have recently released a new trans fluid called Penrite ATF-BMV (http://www.penrite.com.au/nextpage.php?navlink=db/bulletinview.php&id=9) which is supposedly specifically formulated for ZF transmissions...

"Prestige European cars use highly advanced transmissions that require a special lubricant.
To cover the 4 speed and 5 speed automatics made by ZF and Mercedes Benz, Penrite have released a new semi synthetic automatic transmission fluid, ATF BMV.
This product has been formulated to maintain the OEMs specified shift feel and importantly, transmission durabilty."

I hope that last line is correct! :)

Also.... "ATF BMV can also find use where DEXRONŽ-III fluids are specified and the end user wishes to uses a semi synthetic fluid..."

genphreak
11-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Penrite have recently released a new trans fluid called Penrite ATF-BMV (http://www.penrite.com.au/nextpage.php?navlink=db/bulletinview.php&id=9) which is supposedly specifically formulated for ZF transmissions... I read that link, noting that they do not include ZF's 4HP22 (the most popular transmission (our one)) in their list of suitable trannys.

There are heaps of Dexron II and III 'replacements', however Castrol Transmax Z is the only synthetic goer (AFA ZF or BMW are concerned).

Any idea how much this Penrite BMV is anyway? :) Nick

pundit
11-26-2005, 08:47 PM
I read that link, noting that they do not include ZF's 4HP22 (the most popular transmission (our one)) in their list of suitable trannys.

There are heaps of Dexron II and III 'replacements', however Castrol Transmax Z is the only synthetic goer (AFA ZF or BMW are concerned).

Any idea how much this Penrite BMV is anyway? :) Nick
They mention the ZF4HP20, how that differs from the ZF4HP22 I don't know.
Penrite appear to suggest any ZF transmission using Dexron III is a candidate for BMV. I've seen it for $59.95 for 4 litres. I'll email them to clarify it's use in the 4HP22.