PDA

View Full Version : OT: Pontiac Sunbird question....

Dave M
11-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Why not ask you guys a silly question.

I was just )today) given a 93 pontiac sunbird (sister moved to a small town in the Northwest Teritories and all they use are snowmachines and quads). The beauty will be used as a winter beater while the e34 gets some needed TLC in the heated garage:)

My observations are: The temp guage reads low, never past 1/4. Neither rad hose feels like its carrying fluid, but do feel warm. The resevoir is full. The rad has a small leak. There wouldn't be a question if the resevoir was empty, but since its not, do these things need to be bled similar to the e34, or is the leak bum-buggering up the system?

I need to do some mor investigating, but I thought someone could shed some light,

Thanks,

Dave M

Springfield1952
11-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Sounds like a thermostat problem; either it's not opening all the way or is stuck partially open. The top hose should feel pretty hot when the car has been run for awhile. Good luck.

Curt.

Derek A.
11-26-2005, 07:12 PM
What motor ?

Its probably missing a thermostat - constant fluid flow - never really gets hot.

Dave M
11-27-2005, 01:29 AM
Thanks,

I vote for a bum or missing thermo as well. I'll post the results of my investigation tomorrow evening.

Dave M