PDA

View Full Version : QUICK HELP needed! how do the orings go back on to heater core...

ryan roopnarine
11-26-2005, 02:36 PM
im putting it back together now, just got back from the radiator shop. my core, which has two pipes on the side, and one on the front (92 525i), has specified for it 5 orings in the etk (two of two sizes, and one of one size. im only seeing three rings that remained on the pipes, and one that came out when i flushed the core out, so help would be appreciative. oh, and if you're going to yell at me for reusing this core, ill give a half hearted justification/excuse later. just please help me if you can contribute.

uscharalph
11-26-2005, 04:59 PM
There's no excuse, unless you want to do this job again, but this drawing shows all five. Three directly on the heater core and two on the two pipes coming from the heater core.

ryan roopnarine
11-26-2005, 06:34 PM
ahhhh idiots. (the dealership)

there's a reason i couldn't figure out how to put them on.

they sold me the wrong quantity and size, they sold me the quantity for the older m20 m30 cores, and they sold me the wrong damn sizes. that picture is the old style. i thought maybe I wasn't seeing the obvious, and I tried to put a large and a small onto each outlet. this is the new style core, in use on m50 and m60 engines only, i guess. i only have 3 pipes on my core, so i was wondering where i needed to stick the extra two rings on. that's the damn reason im reusing this, bma never has the new style core in stock, ebay sellers never have the new style, groton doesn't, autozone doesn't, and advance doesn't. its 50/50 whether or not i put this one back in now, the house borders a lake and the mosquitoes are murdering anything near the droplight.

i don't know what the hell they sold me here, but i had to go get some generic o-rings from discount to make up the "number" that i need.