PDA

View Full Version : Just drove a six-speed 545i around

Kennan
03-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Overall, I am throughly impressed. The power is superb and the drive is very nice. I haven't driven too many cars, so I can't really give a good comparison, but I just wish my e34 525i was a stick. Sad thing is, I have to park my car outside now.

I'm sure there are many who don't like the styling, but the car really has grown on me and it looks much better in person. I just happened to see one on the road at night a couple of days ago, and it really made me long for the car.

When the e39 came out, how many of us can honestly say we liked how it looked. But a couple of years pass, and many of us are looking into buying one.

BTW, I asked the saleperson about replica wheels and he told me there are good and bad ones out there. Their distributor, Westco?? wheels tried out some M5 replica wheels and were rather impressed by the quality.

BigD
03-07-2004, 09:36 PM
I like the new M5 protos. The bodykit makes a world of difference. Certainly no worse than the E39.

Incidentally, my opinion of the E39 didn't change. I didn't hate it when it first came out, but I wasn't crazy about it because it looked almost like a compact, and a little plain (but I liked the M5 a lot when I saw a preview of one in red with totally black tint). I like it a little less now because the novelty factor appeal is gone.

Overall, I am throughly impressed. The power is superb and the drive is very nice. I haven't driven too many cars, so I can't really give a good comparison, but I just wish my e34 525i was a stick. Sad thing is, I have to park my car outside now.

I'm sure there are many who don't like the styling, but the car really has grown on me and it looks much better in person. I just happened to see one on the road at night a couple of days ago, and it really made me long for the car.

When the e39 came out, how many of us can honestly say we liked how it looked. But a couple of years pass, and many of us are looking into buying one.

BTW, I asked the saleperson about replica wheels and he told me there are good and bad ones out there. Their distributor, Westco?? wheels tried out some M5 replica wheels and were rather impressed by the quality.