PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving, and EAT a chip with your Turkey (or Turducken)

MarkD
11-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who are celebrating it now. We had ours about a month ago here in Canada as it's on the second Monday in October.

Some of you are asking about an EAT Thanksgiving sale. Normally I would run one, but as you may have noticed, I never updated the Easter sale page even though I had planned to do that. So, if you buy a chip from that page (see link above) you can get a chip for $189. I'll also enter your name in a draw - I will pull some names out of a hat and discount some of the orders as follows:

for every 10 chips sold,

- 1 person gets 40% off
- 3 people get 15% off
- 5 people get 10% off
- 1 person gets 5% off (just so that everyone is a winner, even though you win just by owning an EAT chip! ) :p

That's right, everyone wins a discount which will be sent to your PayPal account.

This applies to all orders up to Nov 30, 2005
I will try and send the winners their rebate before I go away on vacation from Dec 8 to Jan 1.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving,

Mark

mattyb
11-25-2005, 07:44 AM
Hi mark. Ive read here and there about the chip and some owners of autos are not inclined to chip for various reasons. Ive got a 540i and like the power already there and i am curious about the differance the chip will make. I would welcome your input as i am hungry for a bit more from the old girl. i do a lot of freeway miles usually at 130km/h for about an hour each day with some shithouse stop/start city driving in between.

Evan
11-25-2005, 08:02 AM
I want one too! Give us the info and we'll mob your server in a buying spree!

Shankster
11-25-2005, 11:02 AM
95 M60 4.0l without EWS-II, MANUAL transmission

How do I figure out whether I have the EWS-II or not?

Sid

MarkD
11-25-2005, 03:08 PM
95 M60 4.0l without EWS-II, MANUAL transmission

How do I figure out whether I have the EWS-II or not?

Sid

Sid,

EWS-II cars have the DME with part number 0 261 203 484

non-EWS cars are 0 261 200 404

You can find full instructions on how to loacte your DME and change the chip here: Bruno's site, chip install (http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/chip.htm)

Mark

MarkD
11-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Hi mark. Ive read here and there about the chip and some owners of autos are not inclined to chip for various reasons. Ive got a 540i and like the power already there and i am curious about the differance the chip will make. I would welcome your input as i am hungry for a bit more from the old girl. i do a lot of freeway miles usually at 130km/h for about an hour each day with some shithouse stop/start city driving in between.

Expect to gain an additional 5 to 8% in torque (and Hp) from 2500 rpm up to redline. You will also get about 5% better fuel consumption.

Mark

rreimund
11-28-2005, 11:14 AM
nice..
Maybe I can move on this before the 30th.. Although my original timeline didn't call for the chip until early in 2006.. but for a nice discount I'd be happy to oblige... Although there's some other stuff I want to do to the car maintenance wise first..
I'll keep an eye on this thread and the other on my bank account... got a few ebay auctions going and I might be able to fund the paypal account without my better half seeing it :D

MarkD
11-28-2005, 05:07 PM
nice..
Maybe I can move on this before the 30th.. Although my original timeline didn't call for the chip until early in 2006.. but for a nice discount I'd be happy to oblige... Although there's some other stuff I want to do to the car maintenance wise first..
I'll keep an eye on this thread and the other on my bank account... got a few ebay auctions going and I might be able to fund the paypal account without my better half seeing it :D

I've got ONE order so far. Anyone else interested?
If so, please order by Dec 3rd (I'll extend it a few days) as I am away for 3 weeks starting Dec 8.

MarkD