PDA

View Full Version : Work in progress - wish me luck :)

Interceptor
11-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Since I do not have access to a heated garage and it became really cold really fast here (with wind speeds up to 200 km/h) I decided to let my indy change intake manifold gaskets while the car is there for rear axle carrier replacement (it got slightly bent when the previous owner hit the curb with one of the rear wheels). He replaced the trailing arm on that side but the guy who did the work didn't notice that the carrier was slightly bent (rear left wheel was slightly closed) causing the car to pull slightly to the left. Front end was rebuilt recently and even after the alignment the car still pulled slightly to the left and that's how I found out about the carrier (after close inspection by my indy).

The following will be replaced:
- rear axle carrier + both rear trailing arms
- guibo
- intake manifold gaskets
- throttle body gasket
- valve cover gasket + rubber pads
- injector seals (upper + lower)
- vacuum hose (intake rubber boot to idle control valve)
- 2 BREMI coils that started showing candy will be replaced with BOSCH ones (I had 2 BREMI + 4 BOSCH coils - f**king PO!)
- all spark plug boots

I decided not to buy all 6 new coils since I'll need the money to pay the bill for the work being done by someone else.

Wish me luck so that I can win the lottery before the bill arrives :)

dacoyote
11-24-2005, 09:43 AM

Only if you buy me a M5 if you win.... :-)

Interceptor
11-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Only if you buy me a M5 if you win.... :-)It's a deal :)

Incantation
11-24-2005, 01:18 PM
you should install this bad boy while you're at it

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/suscon/images/items/24810_LG.gif

it's for a ford.. but with a little tweaking you could probably get it to fit

Interceptor
11-24-2005, 01:39 PM
you should install this bad boy while you're at it

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/suscon/images/items/24810_LG.gif

it's for a ford.. but with a little tweaking you could probably get it to fitDude, except the springs and shocks, I don't even know what all that is! :) Care to explain?

Incantation
11-24-2005, 01:41 PM
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/248104.html

only 385 bucks.. surprisingly cheap

pyro
11-24-2005, 01:47 PM
lift kit?

Interceptor
11-24-2005, 02:00 PM
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/248104.html

only 385 bucks.. surprisingly cheapLOL :) Is that the same one you have? :)

Incantation
11-24-2005, 02:20 PM
nah mine is higher

Black 535i
11-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Either you meant 20 kph or someone ate a lot of Mexican food.

Since I do not have access to a heated garage and it became really cold really fast here (with wind speeds up to 200 km/h) I decided to let my indy change intake manifold gaskets while the car is there for rear axle carrier replacement (it got slightly bent when the previous owner hit the curb with one of the rear wheels). He replaced the trailing arm on that side but the guy who did the work didn't notice that the carrier was slightly bent (rear left wheel was slightly closed) causing the car to pull slightly to the left. Front end was rebuilt recently and even after the alignment the car still pulled slightly to the left and that's how I found out about the carrier (after close inspection by my indy).

The following will be replaced:
- rear axle carrier + both rear trailing arms
- guibo
- intake manifold gaskets
- throttle body gasket
- valve cover gasket + rubber pads
- injector seals (upper + lower)
- vacuum hose (intake rubber boot to idle control valve)
- 2 BREMI coils that started showing candy will be replaced with BOSCH ones (I had 2 BREMI + 4 BOSCH coils - f**king PO!)
- all spark plug boots

I decided not to buy all 6 new coils since I'll need the money to pay the bill for the work being done by someone else.

Interceptor
11-25-2005, 02:49 AM
Either you meant 20 kph or someone ate a lot of Mexican food.No, I really mean 200 kph - in my town it's normal. All houses were made out of rock because of that, before concrete became a standard.

Black 535i
11-25-2005, 08:10 AM
Remind me not to come for a bike ride there!

No, I really mean 200 kph - in my town it's normal. All houses were made out of rock because of that, before concrete became a standard.

Interceptor
11-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Remind me not to come for a bike ride there!Haha :) Yes, I had a bike before - it was an enduro Gilera XR-1 125 with 25 HP and only 140 kg. I had 65 kg then. Imagine how was it for me to drive a bike in that weather :) The wind switched lanes for me, I didn't have to do anything! :)

The fastest wind-speed in the wildest part of this region is unmeasurable - they've tried setting up a couple of types of measuing equipment, but each and everyone was blown away like a twig. Fastest RECORDED wind speed was a little over 300 km/h - after that, the equipment was gone with the wind :)

Btw., I'm in Split, Croatia.