PDA

View Full Version : powersliding!

octanejunkie
11-23-2005, 04:38 AM
Go to www.car-videos.com. If you haven't seen it already, there is an amazing short video of a guy in an e32 powersliding round a motorway on ramp. It is the most mega powerslide i've ever seen on a public road!!
Where can i get a slip diff for my 535, and how much might it cost?
I love powersliding my beemer round roundabouts! I need a slip diff foir ultimate effect.
I urge you all to put your cars in a low gear and floor that throttle next time you're on the crest of a bend.
Its easy to control with the steering, the car will almost steer itself, needing only minor corrections from you.
Start off at low speeds, like turning into junctions etc in first gear. Try and find corners/junctions with nice wide bits of road. Begin to turn in, and give it some! The more throttle you give it, the further it will hang out. You will soon get the hang of it!
It is THE most satisfying thing about owning a beemer. Try practising in an industrial estate if you're not too confident.
I never see anyone else powersliding where i live, and there are loads of beemers about and lots of great, quiet bends and roundabouts :(
Not trying to tell any old hands how to suck eggs! Just want to spread the word!!

Interceptor
11-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Go to www.car-videos.com (http://www.car-videos.com). If you haven't seen it already, there is an amazing short video of a guy in an e32 powersliding round a motorway on ramp. It is the most mega powerslide i've ever seen on a public road!!
Where can i get a slip diff for my 535, and how much might it cost?
I love powersliding my beemer round roundabouts! I need a slip diff foir ultimate effect.
I urge you all to put your cars in a low gear and floor that throttle next time you're on the crest of a bend.
Its easy to control with the steering, the car will almost steer itself, needing only minor corrections from you.
Start off at low speeds, like turning into junctions etc in first gear. Try and find corners/junctions with nice wide bits of road. Begin to turn in, and give it some! The more throttle you give it, the further it will hang out. You will soon get the hang of it!
It is THE most satisfying thing about owning a beemer. Try practising in an industrial estate if you're not too confident.
I never see anyone else powersliding where i live, and there are loads of beemers about and lots of great, quiet bends and roundabouts :(
Not trying to tell any old hands how to suck eggs! Just want to spread the word!!One should expect that people on a bimmer related forum already know how to powerslide or else they wouldn't be able to drive it (especially in the rain) without getting killed (unless you have ASC+T). Majority of this forum is not very fond of drifting on public roads. Just to let you know, if you get replies you didn't expect. :)

Btw., that's not an E32 - it's an E34 M5.

bahnstormer
11-23-2005, 12:09 PM
where u located dude?
i got my diffs from http://www.diffsonline.com/
i bought some LSDs from Dan used...

kyleN20
11-23-2005, 12:54 PM
i cant see it, is it the silver one?

Alexlind123
11-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Yea, its an e34, and i have seen it labeled as a 535i, which makes sense because it doesnt have the decklid spoiler that some m5s do.

Interceptor
11-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Yea, its an e34, and i have seen it labeled as a 535i, which makes sense because it doesnt have the decklid spoiler that some m5s do.It's an M5. Decklid spoiler was optional - most of the M5s don't have it.

JAlfredPrufrock
11-23-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm going to laugh when I see your "OMG I totalled my car" thread.

632 Regal
11-23-2005, 02:58 PM
LMFAO!!!

dacoyote
11-23-2005, 03:21 PM

Best Post ever.....

ASC+T is nice.. but the car still doesn't go out in the snow... ever...

Nick.Hay
11-24-2005, 04:16 AM
That is one tough video tho!! I love it!!

Interceptor
11-24-2005, 05:48 AM
I'm going to laugh when I see your "OMG I totalled my car" thread.This is the type of reply I've warned him about :)

Your reply is funny, but I think there are better ways to put some sense into young people having fun powersliding. Being nice and patient while trying to explain someone why certain things simply aren't roadsafe just might save a life or two.

DCR
11-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Is that the one where the guy filming it carries on like a little girl.

Hopefully one day a truck hits him so he deosnt kill anyone innocent.

octanejunkie
11-24-2005, 08:42 AM
In Clevedon, North somerset in the United Kingdom. Were they a good price?

octanejunkie
11-24-2005, 08:53 AM
I'm not suggesting people go out and powerslide in front of bus stops or primary schools.
If i can see other cars or pedestrians anywhere, or if i'm carrying passengers for that matter, i wouldn't even attempt it. On a clear road, with only yourself to blame, why not?
I guess its cos i grew up on unhealthy doses of Dukes Of Hazzard, and Knight rider etc!

octanejunkie
11-24-2005, 08:57 AM
Yeah, think hes scottish. Apparently that video was from summer this year. Its pretty goddamn dangerous, and i'd think he would probably be pushing up dasies by now.
Compulsive viewing though in a "scariest police chases" kind of way.

octanejunkie
11-24-2005, 09:04 AM
This thread was posted for a bit of fun for the beemer enthusiast, not to corrupt the minds of our children. I like to have fun in a safe enviroment, but i'm not ready for the pipe and slippers just yet ;)

pyro
11-24-2005, 12:43 PM
Ok this may sound dumb coming from a 16 year old but only powerslide where your not going to hurt other peoples stuff (auto x). Got a story that happend just yesterday. I was in the car with two firends and he powerslid a u turn and he didn't see the cop and he pulld him over and scarde him with what he could do and luckly we got off. But the crappy part was my firend who was 20 was also in the car and he would have gotten any ticket that the driver was going to get so. Just think twice before doing it on the public roads.

Incantation
11-24-2005, 01:16 PM
kinda of pointless to do it in an e34.. not nearly enough power to make it fun

Alexlind123
11-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Well you saw what "octanejunkie" described...he made it sound fun... But stunts like this are the quickest way to ruin your car, so if you care about yourself or your car at all, "powersliding" is probably not the thing to be doing on the road.

Interceptor
11-24-2005, 01:43 PM
kinda of pointless to do it in an e34.. not nearly enough power to make it funHow about an E31 850i by Racing Dynamics? :) Show us some pics!

I wish I could afford an E31 - it has been a wet dream to me since high-school :)

Jay 535i
11-24-2005, 02:05 PM
How about an E31 850i by Racing Dynamics? :) Show us some pics!

I wish I could afford an E31 - it has been a wet dream to me since high-school :)

Ewww, a heavier, slower and overall inferior Porsche 928.

Sorry, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Interceptor
11-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Ewww, a heavier, slower and overall inferior Porsche 928.

Sorry, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em.Hmm, yeah, but it's not a bimmer :)

Chris
11-24-2005, 05:44 PM
kinda of pointless to do it in an e34.. not nearly enough power to make it fun

And the fact that the stock suspension doesn't give the greatest feeling when coming back into line (think floaty), must look good from the out side though.

My 525 w/LSD doesn't have the balls to do it in the dry - gravel is where its at.

Evan
11-24-2005, 07:25 PM
sounds pretty smart, if you ask me

mattyb
11-25-2005, 02:37 AM
nice to see that this site is full of like minded folks. were just never gonna be drifters are we. That kind of **** is great on the farm in the old hr ( aussie car of 69 vintage) where it belongs. Zuek - recipe please for prozac and warm milk. is it in this months edition of chaps?

BM-BOY
11-25-2005, 04:17 AM
I gotta say I'm lovin the snow!!! I have one of the cheapest crappiest bimmers on this forum, so I'm not too bothered about beating it up.. not that I have yet. I personally would never have chosen an e34 as my drifting vehicle, but it was the cheapest car I could find at the time... and it does an adequate job!!