Oh Erich--Your links always rock!

shogun
11-28-2005, 02:57 AM
The credit goes to Bluejam

Sydney, Australia
BMW 1993 730iL

Some explanations from him:

I've done this in response to a number of issues I've found since owning a E32:

1) Rough Idle seems to effect many of us at some point.
2) It's often due to a host of different reasons - not just one.
3) It's difficult to get a straight answer from anyone - and the information on this and other websites (while good) is spread all over the place.
4) I 'had' rough idle. By compiling this information for myself I was able to get my head round this problem and between myself and the mechanic we where able to finally fix it (cost me best part of $4000!)
5) My mechanic has since asked for a copy of this guide and has given copies to his colleagues!

Please note:

a) This is only a guide - it should point you and your mechanic in the right direction. It still might not solve your problem but you might have a good idea what is 'not' causing your problem.
b) I've borrowed and edited text from various sources (this board) including hyper-linking to Johans website. I hope everyone is ok with this?
I'm happy to add references to the bottom of this document. Johan might also hopefully see more visitors to his website!
c) I added Shimmy and Cats info because i thought it useful.
d) If you have any additions/comments (maybe suggestions for Version 2) then please email me: Steve@planetsteve.co.uk

Thanks and Enjoy!

Keywords search:
Rough idle shimmy catalytic converters