PDA

View Full Version : zomg just drove 535iM

misfortune
11-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Yeah. My future car if everything works out.
Oh yeah. Welcome back, torque, I missed you.

Backstory, I drive a 89 525iA. Oh yeah. Looks like bad gas mileage for the a while.

misfortune
11-23-2005, 10:59 AM
noc? :(

DanH
11-23-2005, 11:11 AM
You are a bit sketchy on the details. Anything else to share?

misfortune
11-23-2005, 11:29 AM
You are a bit sketchy on the details. Anything else to share?
I finally test drove the 535iM I've been eyeing and it was fast. Very fast.

Alexlind123
11-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Although mine is a 535iA, i agree about the quickness part. I dont really make full use of it very often, but i passed someone on a two lane road the other day and it is the first time i have actually let up on the gas while passing because i was gathering too much speed too quickly.

bahnstormer
11-23-2005, 10:00 PM
i'll let u ride mine after i turbo it =]

Gayle
11-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah. My future car if everything works out.
Oh yeah. Welcome back, torque, I missed you.

Backstory, I drive a 89 525iA. Oh yeah. Looks like bad gas mileage for the a while.

Oh come on. Tell us more. Why you been eyeing it for a while? What has to work out for it to be yours? What ya doing with the old girl? Besides being fast and stick, what does the 535m have going for it? What year? Give us the story please if you want us to comment.

misfortune
11-24-2005, 12:10 AM
Oh come on. Tell us more. Why you been eyeing it for a while? What has to work out for it to be yours? What ya doing with the old girl? Besides being fast and stick, what does the 535m have going for it? What year? Give us the story please if you want us to comment.
I've never been big on details.
I had an accident in my beater. My solid, but ugly 89 525i. It was a minor fender bender, but enough for them to total it and offer me $2200 for it. I had whiplash so I went to the chiropractor. Along with them paying the chiro bill, I also get pain and suffering. I've been looking for another car for a while, but honestly I've always wanted a 535iM and so I found one in my price range. Its an 89 535i in pretty good shape. It needs some minor brake work but carfax checked out clean. He asked for $4200, but I think its worth maybe $3500. Its in decent shape, AC works, the cooling system works (I let it idle for about 20 minutes), the clutch is good, the engine has ~155k miles on it. I'm pretty excited. The paint and interior are good, neither are perfect, but respectable. No floor mats. :( Wood trim all the way around. Needs a new fan sword, just like mine. Needs some brake work, but no perceptible problems with the brakes. Brake linings message on the OBC. The guy said he had the parts though.

We test drove it and the power felt good. Threw me back a bit in my seat . I think this is my next car. I feel a little weird going from an 89 5 with 185k to another 89 5 with 155k, but this looks real good.

DueyT
11-24-2005, 07:35 AM
misfortune, don't worry about the mileage as much as the condition of the car and the "feels right" factor. I picked mine up with 148k and have 180k now and have not regretted anything during the 32k I've put on the Beast. :)

Are you going to go for it?

p.s. As with all folks thinking about or getting a new ride, piccies are mandatory! :D

Cheers,
Duey

Gayle
11-24-2005, 08:45 AM
but honestly I've always wanted a 535iM and so I found one in my price range. Its an 89 535i in pretty good shape. We test drove it and the power felt good. Threw me back a bit in my seat . I think this is my next car. I feel a little weird going from an 89 5 with 185k to another 89 5 with 155k, but this looks real good.

It is not easy to find a 535im. I don't know about 89, but in 1990 only 600 were brought into the US. I am in total agreement with Duey--it is not the miles but the condition and the feel good factor. If it has the feel good factor, you won't care about dealing with stuff like brakes. I think the universe sent you a present, with the car being available and giving you the money to buy it. My .02

rreimund
11-24-2005, 01:25 PM
wow.. just 600? I guess I got real lucky