PDA

View Full Version : how do i get service history of my car from dealer?

darkbeer
11-22-2005, 05:36 PM
I bought my car a couple of years ago and the previous owner gave me all the service/repair receipts from his own mechanic which spanned about 10 years. I just finished organizing them in a binder and would like to include anything that may have been done from the dealership. is this something i can just go there and ask for? do the dealer usualy charge for this? lastly, is there an alternative to the dealership as far as getting this info? thanks a lot.

mattyb
11-22-2005, 06:45 PM
1. fill out your profile please. what car etc
2. Ever heard of a phone. ring the dealer and ask

Zeuk in Oz
11-22-2005, 06:47 PM
I bought my car a couple of years ago and the previous owner gave me all the service/repair receipts from his own mechanic which spanned about 10 years. I just finished organizing them in a binder and would like to include anything that may have been done from the dealership. is this something i can just go there and ask for? do the dealer usualy charge for this? lastly, is there an alternative to the dealership as far as getting this info? thanks a lot.

Where are you ?

darkbeer
11-22-2005, 07:00 PM
i apologize for the lack of info on my orig post. the car in question is a 92 525i and i'm located in los angeles area. thanks.

Springfield1952
11-22-2005, 07:35 PM
When I bought my Touring I went to the dealer and asked one of their service guys. They typed in the VIN and spit out about 5 pages of history. Good luck.

Curt.

darkbeer
11-22-2005, 08:25 PM
When I bought my Touring I went to the dealer and asked one of their service guys. They typed in the VIN and spit out about 5 pages of history. Good luck.

Curt.

will do. thanks.

Zeuk in Oz
11-22-2005, 09:16 PM
i apologize for the lack of info on my orig post. the car in question is a 92 525i and i'm located in los angeles area. thanks.
Worth doing a carfax ?

darkbeer
11-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Worth doing a carfax ?

yeah, did that before i purchased the car. thanks.