PDA

View Full Version : Any Australians in the NSW BMW club?

MarkD
11-21-2005, 08:25 PM
I heard there is an article which mentions my chips in a recent issue of the magazine. Did anyone see it? Would you mind scanning and emailing it to me?

Thanks

MarkD

BigKriss
11-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi Mark, I'm in the NSW club and I haven't seen any reviews of such, talk of your chip. I think the magazine comes out quarterly and I have never read anything mentioning your chips. Phil Sanderson would know for sure.

MarkD
11-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Hi Mark, I'm in the NSW club and I haven't seen any reviews of such, talk of your chip. I think the magazine comes out quarterly and I have never read anything mentioning your chips. Phil Sanderson would know for sure.

Thanks Kriss. Here is part of an email I received today: "I just picked up on your website from the latest BMW club magazine here (NSW, Australia) which contained an article on your chips" so I thought I'd ask one of you. I replied back to the person who sent the email, and asked him if there was a copy on line but didn't hear back yet.

Mark

BigKriss
11-21-2005, 11:14 PM
well it came in the mail (today) anyway. Phil wrote the article.

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/5045/eatchipreview16hb.jpg

BigKriss
11-22-2005, 01:12 AM
between the dyno runs, when changing from one chip to another, I thought you normally need quite a few kilometers on the car, so the car can adjust to the new ecu? but if the chip was swapped over between runs? there would be no time for the ecu to adjust. what do you think guys?

MarkD
11-22-2005, 07:39 AM
between the dyno runs, when changing from one chip to another, I thought you normally need quite a few kilometers on the car, so the car can adjust to the new ecu? but if the chip was swapped over between runs? there would be no time for the ecu to adjust. what do you think guys?

It would have been better if they did 1 run after changing the chip and then kept the results from the 2nd run. I've noticed that m50 and later motors take about 5 to 10 minutes of running to get consistent results but the m30 with 179 DME and m20 with 173 DME should be OK after 2 runs.

Mark