PDA

View Full Version : ::.. Name that leak! :)

Qube
11-21-2005, 07:29 PM
So I was changing over to snow tires today and noticed some wonderful leaks. No piddling drips on the ground so I never noticed until now... well... maybe by the fact that I have to top off the power steering fluid every so often! I wonder if I can put off remedying them until after winter... :(

So here we are... name that leak!

Derek A.
11-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Trans selector/shift seal. tough to tell where its coming from . go to a quarter car wash and get all that **** off the underside. Then you can tell where its coming from. M30's oil pan bolts loosen up, timing chain covers losen, power steering leaks.

I once read off the Ferrari owners club site" If you don't see puddles of anitfreeeze, oil and gear oil - check your fluids!"

mikell
11-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Any old MG owner will tell you that when the car stops leaking oil on the driveway, that means you've run out of oil.

zygoteer
11-22-2005, 01:35 PM
...I once read off the Ferrari owners club site" If you don't see puddles of anitfreeeze, oil and gear oil - check your fluids!"This is so true of Italian cars especially Maserati ! ... if its still coming out then it means theres still some left inside !

DanH
11-22-2005, 03:48 PM
You're probably due for a new oil pan gasket if it hasn't been changed, but its a bit of work to do, so I'd make sure it wasn't anything else first. Your oil pan bolts may be loose, one of mine actually worked its way out at some point, so I am putting in a new gasket.

Also you might want to top off your diff fluid level, since thats the most likely thing it would be in the back end...

Best bet is to top of all of the fluids, clean the spots off and see where they reoccur.