PDA

View Full Version : Removing the windshield washer resevoir(s)

Jay 535i
11-21-2005, 05:51 PM
I've determined that the only way to install my clear front turn indicators is to remove two of the washer resevoirs. My car has three!

Don't tell me I don't have to do that. I do. There's no bloody way to do it otherwise. If you insist I'm wrong, your underhood picture must be different than mine.

So, my question is, how do I remove them? They are full. Do I have to drain them first? The Bentley manual doesn't have much that's helpful here. They don't have to be completely removed, but they have to be out of the way. I removed the top two screws on the driver's side one (LHD car), but that didn't make it loose enough for me to stick my hand in there and undo the turn signal lens screws. I need more. Help!

GJPinAU
11-21-2005, 06:24 PM
I removed the top two screws on the driver's side one (LHD car), but that didn't make it loose enough for me to stick my hand in there and undo the turn signal lens screws. I need more. Help!
If it is like the 540, once you have undone the black plastic retaining screws, they should just lift up. Maybe difficult if full. Take note of your wiring for the pumps, it might be easier to disconnect them first.
cheers, Greg

Paul in NZ
11-22-2005, 04:26 AM
i think i would empty them first,i ave to do mine too ialso have three albeit one is piggy back...