PDA

View Full Version : microfilter 520i tourer rhd 95

broadie777
11-20-2005, 10:47 AM
hello i own a great 520i tourer 1995.Great car if the vents worked even on max berely a trickle of warm air. blowers are fine must be the microfilter ??:( .anyone of you nice people know were i can get one either by post or in the manchester uk area. thank for youre time ps bit of a bugger of a job any tips pls tytyty

zygoteer
11-20-2005, 11:18 AM
This makes for a worthwhile read on the microfilter
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/gen_maintenance/filters.htm

BobHarris
11-20-2005, 02:59 PM
hello i own a great 520i tourer 1995.Great car if the vents worked even on max berely a trickle of warm air. blowers are fine must be the microfilter ??:( .anyone of you nice people know were i can get one either by post or in the manchester uk area. thank for youre time ps bit of a bugger of a job any tips pls tytyty

You should try GSF (German Swedish and French) for your BMW parts, they are pretty good. check out www.gsfcarparts.com to see if there is one near you.

It's not actually that difficult. Make sure that the micro filter you get is in two parts, to allow it to fit past the clutch pedal, the two halves are quite tight together and I found that if I slid the two halves apart and then together again a few times then they became a bit easier.

Slide them apart until they almost separate then slip the top part into the slot and push the bottom part home.

HTH

All the best

Bob

Mendozart
11-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Changing the filter definately makes a difference on air flow. I just changed mine this weekend and the second setting on the dial now feels kike the max one did previous to changing it.

broadie777
11-21-2005, 02:42 AM
ty all will get on it next day or so post back the results