PDA

View Full Version : This is weird! Anyone else encountered this?

romus
11-20-2005, 05:26 AM
You guys made me feel better when many of you reported same issue with your cars losing power for a second or two. I've had that a few times since i started the thread...but today, in process of overtaking (not a two-way road, thank god) i was in 2nd gear about one third of throttle when i accellerated and just when i changed lane, my car just LOST it. My foot remained buried on accelerator but car slowed down drastically. A second later engine cut off, all lamps on. Took several tries to start again, and i was back on my way, without any problems since.

What was this?? I keep having these weird occurances, don't i? :)

Lemme know if any of you experienced similar problems. Thanks

Romus

Javier
11-20-2005, 05:53 AM
pump is about to say Good by.

Javier

romus
11-20-2005, 01:25 PM
that's what i suspected but... this morning car starts fine, drives to work fine... probably will die any moment though...

Javier
11-20-2005, 04:55 PM
several times before final shut down, even more when I remove it from the tank, I energized it straight from the battery, and it started several times, so! Just be prepared for a new pump.

Nest time it let you out, try inmediately loosing the feeding hose to the fuel rail to verify there is no pressure there, 535i isn't it? there is a 1 inch hose in the rear of the engine over the intake manifold, as soon as you loose the clamps it will start loosing fuel if there is system pressure. If pump failed, it will have none.

Javier

romus
11-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Yes it is a 535. Cool. Thanks for the tip, Javier.