PDA

View Full Version : Removing rear Parcel shelf

fullerbucky
11-20-2005, 02:50 AM
Does anybody know how to remove the parcel shelf? This one has the rear sunshade.
Cheers

Strap
11-20-2005, 03:50 AM
The best way is to remove the rear seat bottom and back ( The whole seat )
Then the rear side panels ( where the rear reading lights are ) then you can pull it straight out dont lift up on it to much only and inch or 2 then pull it torwards you . you need to unplug the rear sun shield plug near the left rear speaker or at the motor itself. you shjould have about 5 pop clips holding the front of the shelf on also .

Strap

Russell
11-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Does the package shelf need to be removed to replace rear shocks? If so, I am going to have myrear package shelf recovered when I replace rear shocks TIA

bullyd
11-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Does the package shelf need to be removed to replace rear shocks? If so, I am going to have myrear package shelf recovered when I replace rear shocks TIA
no you can lift it at the front for the shocks but if u want to recover it u may as well remove it as you are most of the way there anyway!

fullerbucky
11-21-2005, 03:59 AM
The best way is to remove the rear seat bottom and back ( The whole seat )
Then the rear side panels ( where the rear reading lights are ) then you can pull it straight out dont lift up on it to much only and inch or 2 then pull it torwards you . you need to unplug the rear sun shield plug near the left rear speaker or at the motor itself. you shjould have about 5 pop clips holding the front of the shelf on also .

Strap
Many thanks for that.

Strap
11-21-2005, 07:52 AM
Yes the shocks are easy , you dont have to even touch the shelf for that just remove both parts of the seat. the bolts are clear with about 2 inches space around , I just had the sachs pro kit installed and i pulled out the seat for them because i re-did the shelf also after my audio setup went in.but if your changing speakers it would be good to pull it for much better angle and mounting.
Strap