PDA

View Full Version : Windshield washer problem

Alexlind123
11-19-2005, 08:12 PM
When i pull the wiper stalk toward me to active the washer jets ans the release it, the jets start spraying and the wipers start wiping...but they wont stop. I have had to shut the car off and turn it back on to prevent the fluid tank from running dry. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

shogun
11-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Disassemble the wiper stalk. That piece can be removed. Maybe got stuck.

Javier
11-20-2005, 06:40 AM
It retrofits a signal to the stalk push button line. If Slow drop off (De-energizing), it may apply consecutive wash request for ever.

This may be confirmed by removing fuse F24, as it will stop the cycle. If so, some lube on moving parts of relay may help.

Javier

Edit: You are not in USA, isn't it?

Javier
11-20-2005, 06:53 AM
are not supposed to be relayed? Think it is a feature that came only with intensive washing. Did the spray worked on its own in the past, or will spray only as long as you keep pulling the lever?

If not automatic, the only chance is a bad lever contact as suggested by Shogun.

Javier

Coupeowner
06-13-2006, 12:33 PM
When i pull the wiper stalk toward me to active the washer jets ans the release it, the jets start spraying and the wipers start wiping...but they wont stop. I have had to shut the car off and turn it back on to prevent the fluid tank from running dry. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Just wondering if you found the fix. I have the exact same symptoms.

Thanks

Coupeowner
11-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Just bumping this one because I still haven't fixed it.

Anybody else have the "washers won't turn off" problem?

Thanks,
David

Alexlind123
11-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Not yet, but they act like they are automatic. The spraying frequency and duration is very regular. So, i will try looking for the K5 relay.

Coupeowner
11-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Didn't see you are in the "couve". Must be this darn Portland weather affecting our washers.

David - SW PDX