PDA

View Full Version : how do i reset the anti-theif

dartgen
11-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Hello how are you doing?

car info: BMW series 5 1993 march. 525i

I been looking around the forum to fix my car problem. and I realize that topic is sensitive but i went throught all traditional route. So here the story.

I drove my car to high school where i teach.I was in hurry that I forgot to turn off my light ( you know the one where u have to manual click the switch down) Well what happen is that my battery dies so i figure ok i know how to fix that since it happen once before (same situation) so i manage to get a friend to jumpstart my battery in back seat. Now here lies the problem, i cannot start the car. there is no crank sound or any alternator working at all. I look around the forum and i realize that my anti-theif is responsible for it. I believe that is right deduction because my red brake light kept flashing on and off until i did the emergency unlock and relock it.

so based on forum, i disconnect the battery and full charge then reconnect.. the same problem still occur. red braking light flashing on and off and the car won't even ignite at all.

teh next route that I took is go to BMW dealership with my VIN. They have no clue about anti-theif system. In fact they claim that their BMW alarm does not prevent car from starting. But that can't be right since i saw similar problem in this forum and fact that my car won't start at all.

I asking if anyone know the procedure to reset that anti-theif alarm so i can start teh car.

I have only one possible solution but i don't think it will work because that post is for series 7. leaving key in position 1 for 15 mins but i am going to tried.

and I am assuming that anti-theif is standard car factory from BMW.

any help is greatly appreciate. if you think that my vin would be need i will be willing to provide it. but i think that is no no.

thank you in advance.

in case people get confuse, i am not talking about radio alarm, i already got the code and it is working fine, my concern is getting car start and runing and i think the anti-theif is blocking it. thank you for any advice

Incantation
11-18-2005, 10:29 PM
not sure if this will work but try resetting the obc etc by disconnecting your battery terminal wires and holding the wire ends together for 10 minutes

note.. do NOT somehow connect the positive and negative terminals of the battery.. connect the positive and negative wires to eachother. this is good practice anyway.. i do it a couple times a year

uscharalph
11-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Hello how are you doing?

I been looking around the forum to fix my car problem. and I realize that topic is sensitive but i went throught all traditional route. So here the story.

I drove my car to high school where i teach.I was in hurry that I forgot to turn off my light ( you know the one where u have to manual click the switch down) Well what happen is that my battery dies so i figure ok i know how to fix that since it happen once before (same situation) so i manage to get a friend to jumpstart my battery in back seat. Now here lies the problem, i cannot start the car. there is no crank sound or any alternator working at all. I look around the forum and i realize that my anti-theif is responsible for it. I believe that is right deduction because my red brake light kept flashing on and off until i did the emergency unlock and relock it.

so based on forum, i disconnect the battery and full charge then reconnect.. the same problem still occur. red braking light flashing on and off and the car won't even ignite at all.

teh next route that I took is go to BMW dealership with my VIN. They have no clue about anti-theif system. In fact they claim that their BMW alarm does not prevent car from starting. But that can't be right since i saw similar problem in this forum and fact that my car won't start at all.

I asking if anyone know the procedure to reset that anti-theif alarm so i can start teh car.

I have only one possible solution but i don't think it will work because that post is for series 7. leaving key in position 1 for 15 mins but i am going to tried.

and I am assuming that anti-theif is standard car factory from BMW.

any help is greatly appreciate. if you think that my vin would be need i will be willing to provide it. but i think that is no no.

thank you in advance.

in case people get confuse, i am not talking about radio alarm, i already got the code and it is working fine, my concern is getting car start and runing and i think the anti-theif is blocking it. thank you for any advice
All you need to do is re-enter the CODE you put into the OBC. If you didn't hit code then a four digit number to set the CODE function it is not set. If you did set a CODE and can't rememer it, believe there is a reset procedure.

Dan in NZ
11-19-2005, 01:11 AM
If the obc blocks the engine start, it cranks but doesn't start, also it flashes up "code". This definatley sounds like an alarm situation, as the park lights flash. He might need to re-sync the transmitter to the alarm or something, then de-activate the alarm.

dartgen
11-19-2005, 02:03 PM
If the obc blocks the engine start, it cranks but doesn't start, also it flashes up "code". This definatley sounds like an alarm situation, as the park lights flash. He might need to re-sync the transmitter to the alarm or something, then de-activate the alarm.

when i start the car, there is no sound. I look at car and I know there is two red light flashing inside the car. one is for radio (small one) and other is for ( i believe is the security alarm near the speed monitor) I remember that red light was on constantly instead of blink on and off . but now is on and off then it might stay on for 2 sec but it continue to blink on and off.

Are there really a code for OBC? if so, what do i have to bring to BMW to get that code?

shogun
11-20-2005, 12:23 AM
It is described in the owners manual, if this one fits to your specification
http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/bmwe34manual/

dartgen
11-20-2005, 08:07 PM
It is described in the owners manual, if this one fits to your specification
http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/bmwe34manual/

thank for advice however, that link doesn't work. can you please describe to me how to start car when it won't make any sound what so ever

wingman
11-21-2005, 05:15 AM
Does this help?? I made it BIG so you can read it.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c301/wingman_1968/alarm.jpg

wingman
11-21-2005, 05:16 AM
whoops that is BIG isn't it...and sideways. I'm getting better...