PDA

View Full Version : Helluva Bimmer chase to watch !

Booster
11-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey folks.........hope this isn't a repost of this BMW Z3 police chase.My apologies if so. If not.......check it out.Great skills by both but risking others harm on public roads a no no !!
Enjoy.........Vinny

(http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-781163969053975339&q=m+coupe)

632 Regal
11-18-2005, 06:31 PM
fuggin kicgazz!

post more!

angrypancake
11-18-2005, 06:37 PM
ho-ly ****. approx how fast is 240km/h in mph? I bet that "gottadrift" chump would have a raging boner for the way that guy had the m sideways...

Derek A.
11-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Why doesn't the guy in the second ugliest e36 ever made - just jam on the brakes. end of pursue-ie

Booster
11-18-2005, 06:41 PM
fuggin kicgazz!

post more!

Hahaha.........I thought you'd like that ! I wish I had more,but I found this posted on my Nissan Euro Skyline forum. Thought it proper to post up on our Bimmer forum too !
I had no clue that little M could dig that hard. Fooker screamed with high R's !( rpm's)
:p
Vinny

angrypancake
11-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Skyline forum? You have a Skyline?

xphilter
11-18-2005, 06:48 PM
wowww...thats 150 mph. wowwwww

DanH
11-18-2005, 07:02 PM
I saw the bike hit over 260kph, which is 161mph+

not too shabby for those driving conditions...

Booster
11-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Skyline forum? You have a Skyline?

I have imported the R34 RB26Dett AWD drivetrain,suspension,electronics etc to swap into a early 70' Datsun 240-Z thats been widened by 10" lengthwise.
So basically everything minus the body sheet metal and stock wheels.
I can't wait to finish her up next Summer and bend it !! :p
Vinny

Alexlind123
11-19-2005, 01:08 AM
He needs an oil slick! Now if that had been any other cop car, it would have turned out much differently. About stomping the brakes though, i thought about it a little too and since the boke has far less kinetic energy, it takes far less to brake and the driver was obviously a pro...i dont think that would have worked.

Torque
11-19-2005, 01:34 AM
Why doesn't the guy in the second ugliest e36 ever made - just jam on the brakes. end of pursue-ie Running from the police is a minor offense ... braking and having the biker rear end him is attempted murder ...

I personally love the M coupe. :)

Rory535i
11-19-2005, 03:22 AM
I'm not getting any sound with that :(

laguner
11-19-2005, 07:58 AM
That can't be a real chase. How do you explain the side shots and the fact that no other police ever join the chase?

Gayle
11-19-2005, 08:24 AM
That can't be a real chase. How do you explain the side shots and the fact that no other police ever join the chase?

I agree that the side shots are suspicious. And the ending looks a bit staged.

We know that is not your every day run of the mill Los Angles police chase. Where were the helicopters? Skycam? No tack strips? No cheering fans on the freeway over passes? No trying to slide by stopped traffic even if it meant ramming someone. No CNN, Fox, etc. And finally no run for the house in the hood. But..... really awesome driving--yes.

Thanks Vinny.

bahnstormer
11-19-2005, 10:01 AM
lol

some of u guys are pretty bad at the intarnet =]

Booster
11-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Haahhaaaa. Come on everyone........the car was armed with a pro driver and the crew had staged cameras to punk the cop ! They stated this in the beginning with a English accented commentator.Evidently they were cooperated with by the cop later for his onboard video or they planted it prior to filming is my guess.
The point was to enjoy the chase thrill...and I did. :p
I think the bike cop used great caution anticipating the M's brakes getting slamed on or he's have been more aggressive.Besides....by the time other squads had been notified........he changed direction twice at speed ! The use of a police scanner would have kept him apprised of alerts..........that cop never had the opportunity to get on his mic. to give warning alerts.
IF and I say IF it was real.........the M driver had better had a false license plate showing and pray for no helicopter following.Busted !
...............Vinny :D

bahnstormer
11-19-2005, 07:07 PM
ghostrider is a dvd series and this is from the 4th dvd.
the rider on the bike is not a cop but "ghostrider" he is
famous for his crazy speed runs.

he dressed up like a cop. that bike is carbon fiber frame
and turbocharged.

buy the dvd here

http://www.ghostridermovie.net/

Alexlind123
11-19-2005, 08:03 PM
But why didnt any members of the police force notice the BMW and the crazy bike? Surely there had to be at least one police officer in the vicinity who could have witnessed it and it couldnt have been with police cooperation because of the civillian risk.

bahnstormer
11-19-2005, 10:04 PM
watch the videos

ghostrider races thru traffic at 190mph

he out runs quite a few cops as well...it seems they drive volvos... =]

at one point he pulls into the police stations parking lot and does a burnout
and then runs away :D

TheDuke
11-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Have one of these ghost rider DVD’s ,great driving but I also think the cop is fake. Honestly no police officer would risk his or others lives in a chase like that.

Jon K
11-20-2005, 02:05 AM
Running from the police is a minor offense ... braking and having the biker rear end him is attempted murder ...

I personally love the M coupe. :)
I will, at some point in m life, own an S52 powered turbo M Coupe in of course estoril blue.

Booster
11-20-2005, 11:48 AM
ghostrider is a dvd series and this is from the 4th dvd.
the rider on the bike is not a cop but "ghostrider" he is
famous for his crazy speed runs.

he dressed up like a cop. that bike is carbon fiber frame
and turbocharged.

buy the dvd here

http://www.ghostridermovie.net/

Well then..........it all comes clear then. Thanks Bahnstormer for the fill in. Everyone was getting abit tight in the shorts about the cop vs. risk thing .
Just goes to show this forum isn't full of sheep believers !
Vinny

SharkmanBMW
11-20-2005, 01:17 PM
I just downloaded Ghostrider 1,2 and 3... wild stuff!
get them here...
http://isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=ghostrider&ext=&op=and&ihp=1&iht=-1&ihs1=4&iho1=d

romus
11-20-2005, 11:22 PM
duke...the cop IS the ghostrider...the biker.

Nick.Hay
11-21-2005, 05:38 AM
Does anyone know how to download this??

timeout
11-21-2005, 07:36 AM
I saw the first GR dvd, in which a pursuing police Volvo actually crashes into another car at an intersection. That one didn't look staged at all, also the timing would have been quite difficult.
Again I watch with a mix of 'great, but..'
No prizes for guessing what the involuntary participants of this production think about this. Anyone who ever got passed by a sports bike at +10.000rpm and a speed difference like that knows that it sounds like an explosion going off in your car, especially if the windows are down. Cool if you're into that kind of thing and rdy for it, not so cool if you get scared into an out-of-body experience. Riding rings around family cars on a GSXR that outclasses everything else on the road may look trick on a dvd and can suggest amazing skills to the uninitiated, but why isnt he mixing it in World Superbikes or SuperSports etc..? ah yes, Troy Corser & co would just go and blow him into the weeds.
The same would probably apply to the driver of the BMW, instead of going mental in Copenhagen(?) show me a decent lap around SPA or LeMans and I promise to be impressed.
Ok maybe I'm just getting old, heheh.. ;)

broadie777
11-22-2005, 12:54 PM
to download torrent files from isohunt, torrentspy, mini nova ect you 1st need to download a small file from bittornado.com you will need to d/l bittornado-0.3.7-w32install.exe from a mirror site run and install to youre programme files then goto the above mentioned gost rider vids at isohunt.
i my self use torrentspy.com it the way to go any problems ill do my best to help :p you dont need to run the programme itll kick automatically when you down load a torrent ps you can goto torentspy.com and use the help section pps i use bittornado coz its free :D

632 Regal
11-22-2005, 03:01 PM
bitcomet is far superior, it automaticly sets itself up, random ports and all.
to download torrent files from isohunt, torrentspy, mini nova ect you 1st need to download a small file from bittornado.com you will need to d/l bittornado-0.3.7-w32install.exe from a mirror site run and install to youre programme files then goto the above mentioned gost rider vids at isohunt.
i my self use torrentspy.com it the way to go any problems ill do my best to help :p you dont need to run the programme itll kick automatically when you down load a torrent ps you can goto torentspy.com and use the help section pps i use bittornado coz its free :D

Robin-535im
11-22-2005, 06:58 PM
So what does this "ghostrider" guy do when he catches someone? Eat their car?

SharkmanBMW
11-22-2005, 07:17 PM
bitcomet is far superior, it automaticly sets itself up, random ports and all.

I use Azureus... Have you tried it Jeff???
I know you know your stuff, i just don't want to switch to bitcomet for nothing!
Azureus is great for me... let me know!

Nick... there are many softwares to pick from, but if you have an unlimited high speed connection, it is really fast to dload flics or whatever!

SharkmanBMW
11-22-2005, 07:23 PM
So what does this "ghostrider" guy do when he catches someone? Eat their car?

I just watched one where he was being chased by the swedish cops, in a volvo wagon!... they chase him and he is just toying, slowing and waiting then taking off again!
At one point, he was turned around flipping them the bird and then just left them in the dust! the cops lost control and almost took out an innocent car passing by!
It's all fun and games until they actually catch him, then he'll be very sorry!

mvbrian
01-17-2006, 08:39 PM
i can watch this over and over, never gets old. Ghost rider is one bad ass rider as well as the driver.

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Watch the chase seen in the movie Taxi (no not the one "you takin' to me?") but with Queen loofa and some dork chasing three babes in a BMW with this stupid souped up taxi.

angrypancake
01-17-2006, 09:14 PM
the 3 hot blondes in the cobalt 7 series? hot car, hot chicks. my mom made me watch that **** movie with her when she was doing chemo

SRR2
01-17-2006, 09:55 PM
The other thing that looks pretty bogus is the way the framing of the shot changes from moment to moment. At one time it has the motorcycle's brake reservoir, tach, speedo, etc. in the shot, and a few seconds later all of that is gone. Makes me think that there's less to this than meets the eye.

rob101
01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Watch the chase seen in the movie Taxi (no not the one "you takin' to me?") but with Queen loofa and some dork chasing three babes in a BMW with this stupid souped up taxi.
perhaps you should watch the original, the French movie which hollywood ripped off. a much better film:D

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-18-2006, 01:35 AM
The last French movie I watched had Brigitte Bardot in it.

Hollywood has truely run out of writers/talent with all the remake crap

Incantation
01-18-2006, 03:49 AM
if you mean the full movie..i can send it to you just pm me

jasons525
01-18-2006, 03:36 PM
superb i want one

emw525E34
01-19-2006, 01:45 AM
Yeah, that Mcoupe is rather tail happy. It needs serious 285 width sticky tires in the rear. Handles nicely in the fast carners. What a car!.

I am more scared for the biker cos , one mistake and he is out like a light bulb!.

Whole thing is probably staged as the turn-offs are appear pre-planned...

Johntee540
01-19-2006, 02:22 AM
The driver has turned off the Traction control so he can use the pedal to help him through the corners.

I had a 99 M Roadster and it was basically a go cart with the M3 Engine in it. You really couldnt drive in in traffic with the Traction control off. - Jt