PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop LM702 vs. Michelin Preceda? (Asia & Australia owners opinions pls.)

jplacson
03-07-2004, 01:44 AM
I don't think either of these tires are sold in the western parts so to all those who have owned or do own either or both of these tires... feedback please! :) Thanks! :)

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-07-2004, 12:25 PM
back to top, waiting for Asia/Australia

jplacson
03-07-2004, 03:57 PM
On the topic of Michelin tires... has anyone tried their run-flat ZP line? I'm really interested in a set since this would allow me to dump my spare. I'm just wondering why these haven't become popular with owners with large rims.

Geoff Hoad
03-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Never heard of either of these tyres in Australia.

Geoff

Unregistered
03-07-2004, 07:06 PM
I can vouch for the Michelins. The full name in Australia is Michelin Pilot Preceda. I have it on a 850 Volvo and it is by far the best tyre I have had for that car. The 850 has a harsh ride and hence the Preceda's have better ride comfort than the original Michelin Pilot Sports. Their handling is better than the 'comfort' tyres I have tried (Pirelli P4000) and much quieter than the Pirelli P6000. All up good performance and comfort.

Funnily enough my M5 came with Dunlop LM701's. They were quite worn already so can't really give an opinion. Don't know if tyres tramline more with wear but the Dunlops tramlined a lot more than subsequent Bridgestones and current Michelin Pilot Sports.

Alan Yeung
94 Volvo 850 GLT
90 BMW M5

jplacson
03-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Thank you very much! :) Hmm... interesting that the Pilot Precedas are actually 'comfy' (or at least comfier than the Pilot Sports... according to Michelins site, they weren't designed for comfort... they are on the sport side of the Michelin grid.

I guess the Dunlop LM701 is close enough to the LM702. The LM's that came with my car are still fairly new, and tramline a lot more than I'm used to... I was wondering if they were the tire...or just the fact that I'm running 225 R18's for the first time in my life.

I've been reading a lot of good things about Michelin in general... but since this was the specific tire being sold to me, I was looking for someone with experience on them. Thanks! :)

John 535is (Sydney)
03-08-2004, 01:46 AM
Can't vouch for the LM 701 but I'm using the Dunlop 3000A sport and am pretty happy. These are the Oz made type (17/235/45), I was hoping to get a bit better wear than the imports.

John 535is (Sydney)