PDA

View Full Version : Some problems, please help.

Rob
11-17-2005, 07:14 AM
Hey all,

I have some problems with my car. :(

It's all working fine, but there seems to be no power in the engine. When I have her ideling, she's ideling at just under 1000 rpm and sounds fine. And when you rev up to 6000 rpm it seems all the power then she sounds nice and you feel then car move from reving it. However it's when I start to drive her.

I pull off and she seems to want to go then as it goes dead no power. I have my foot flat to the floor and the revs just drop, then she'll jerk abit and start to pull then two seconds later it dies and seems to slow, then it jerks abit. This all happening while my foot is flat on the floor. She won't go up my drive way in first, she'll get half way up then loose a lot of power. The only way to get up the drive is go up in revers.

My Dad did take it to the garage when the problem first started. When he got it back she went perfect and shot off like a bulit. The guy said some senser was clogged up? then a week later we now have the same problem again. I did clean some sensers I could see, but no joy, still same.

I was going to pull the fuel pump out, but I'll wait for a respons on here first. Could it be the pump? or senser?

Please, any help would be excellent,

Thanks all.

Rob
11-17-2005, 07:31 AM
Also I forgot to mention, it takes three tries to start the engine. It doesn't start first time. :(

tim
11-17-2005, 08:33 AM
fuel, air and spark.

This one sounds like fuel. Especially since you were able to back it up the hill- and thus putting the engine lower than the tank- it sounds fuel pump related. Your hard start issue would back that up. It would be nice to know which of the sensors they discovered to be "clogged up". I would start by inspecting and cleaning the fuel pump relay and all the lines including the return, I would double check to see if the filter is new and the arrow is pointing the right direction- and then onto the pump itself.

saj3n
11-17-2005, 08:39 AM
I had similar problems with mine a few weeks ago. Driving fine, and then lost acceleration power. Even when completely depressing the pedal, no acceleration. After taking to the shop, found out that the 02 sensors were so badly clogged, that they were stuck closed. This was a problem because the exhuast was being pumped back into the engine.

Rob
11-22-2005, 06:18 AM
I think it may be the 02 senser but I cannot see where it is! Aparrently on the M20 engines it's by the 6th cylinder next to the elictrc box....I don't see it there. :(.

Also I wanted to remove the fuel pump and clean it. But I can only get it half out. How do I fully remove it?

Thanks again for the help guys, really appericat it!