PDA

View Full Version : Shadowline for Aussies

Dave M
11-16-2005, 05:20 PM
I was walking through Canadian Tire today and the blackout tape caught my eye (I bought the last two rolls :) ). While standing there I was reminded of a post by an Aussie who was quoted $77 to ship blackout tape to Aus. I found the post and pm'ed kev535 in Adelaide (forgive my spelling) to see if he was interested in having me send him some.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Bimmer/Misc/trimbrite.jpg
While I'm sending a few rolls to kev, maybe a few others down under would like to try it out? Maybe someone knows a better way for kev to get the stuff?

Let me know,

Dave M

GJPinAU
11-17-2005, 12:13 AM
I know Phil Sanderson is interested in this, maybe you could PM him as he's away on holidays for a couple of weeks.

genphreak
11-17-2005, 05:53 AM
I'd love some Dave! Where abouts is Kev - is he Sydney? Maybe it could all go in one parcel to make it simple- my guess is if it all goes to Phil Sando or any of the Sydney lot we could divvy it up alright... I need perhaps 2 rolls- (enough for the car)... how wide is the stuff btw? :) Nick

shogun
11-17-2005, 06:03 AM
I know Phil Sanderson ...as he's away on holidays for a couple of weeks.

Tell me the secret of his business 8-)

Dave M
11-17-2005, 07:16 AM
I'd love some Dave! Where abouts is Kev - is he Sydney? Maybe it could all go in one parcel to make it simple- my guess is if it all goes to Phil Sando or any of the Sydney lot we could divvy it up alright... I need perhaps 2 rolls- (enough for the car)... how wide is the stuff btw? :) Nick

To GJP and yourself,

kev535 is in Adelaide. I have received a pm from him stating that he may know someone local with a source of some commercial grade vinyl tape of the same spec. He's in no great hurry and is not certain he wants me to ship the rolls I picked up. If you guys want to organize a 'shadowline hub' somewhere, I'd be happy to estimate postage and fill the order.

Let me know before I freeze to death (-20 celcius this morning),

Dave M

Jay 535i
11-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Heh, when I went to Candian Tire, I also got the last two rolls! :D

Dave M
11-17-2005, 01:43 PM
OK, checked with Canada Post and it will only cost @$15 to ship a few rolls (ground freight, slow as molasses in january). So if you get a few people together and split it, we're only talking a few $$ each :)

Dave M

Jay 535i
11-17-2005, 03:56 PM
I don't need mine either. I have two rolls of the stuff. Free to anybody willing to pay for postage. Just PM me.